Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Level 6- why not

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
you might as well be paid advertisement- Or maybe worse- you havent even installed your clutch and ur in almost everythread

Your right, I am alot of their threads, and for good reason. Any company that goes above and beyond teh call of duty to offer great customer service to me, then others will know about it. I have not made any lies or exaggerations at this point. I could have easily said, yep, got it installed, shifts like stocker, dyno'ed 950HP and cut 1.25 60' no clutch slip, been 10K miles and everything is great.
But, I didn't, because I haven't installed teh clutch yet. All I have pointed out is fact:
Great customer service, cheap ($$$$) price, Great warranty. When I get it installed, and I will post up results, good or bad.

I have done teh same for Tick as well. Tick has been another great company that has treated me great, so I give sales pitch for them as well.

I am the guy that gives compliments as well as gives complaints, unlike some, who may just give complaints.

When I go into a restaraunt, and if teh experience was very good from walking in to walking out and everything in between (Host, wait time, waiter/waitress, food quality, atmosphere, etc...) was great, I will ask to speak to teh manager to tell them that he is doing a bang up job, and to keep it up.

I own a small business, and have for many years now (8 yrs) and I know what it is like to receive compliments and complaints, and if you do not receive compliments, it tells you 1 thing:
1)You are not doing a good enough job

Compliments are an essence to a small business succeeding, ESPECIALLY in teh "internet" world. Compliments can really make or break a company. Look at Monster, and what the internet and compliments have done for them.

And since Monster and SNLPerformance, have been nothing other that great, they will continue to receive my support in helping in any way I can, to make sure people that may be on the fence about a clutch, put my .02 in and share my experience about Monster.

Old 03-06-2009 | 06:03 PM
FormerVendor

That post was awesome - totally hit on all the questions I have - but raised a new one.

you guess at maybe 10K on the iron, any guesses ( not that I wanna hold you to them ) on the millage for the other clutches?
Sure.

All of these are best case scenario and my best guesses based on test cars!

Level 1 - like stock, 40k+

Level 2 - 20k+

Level 3 - 18k+

Level 4 - 10k-12k

Level 5 - 18k+

Level 6 - 10k-12k

Easy stuff.

Originally Posted by algws6
can you slip the puck style off the line? us corvette guys need a little slip to save the drive train.
Yes sir you can!

Our friction material is our own formula, it's designed to be "forgiving" so you can actually drive your car!

Originally Posted by golfinz
After talking with Steve, I will not put anything in my car but a Monster...Im also a bit excited about their new full faced clutches coming out

And algws6...just wait a little bit...we should have some exciting news for us vette guys
Thanks a ton man, and you are correct, the things we are coming out with are awesome!

Originally Posted by NBM-LS1
So I wouldnt want a sintered pad if I drive it the better part of the week?
Eh, no. If you really daily drive your car you wouldn't want a sintered iron setup. However, if you are not at the clutches potential it will last longer than what I said, it's all in what torque you make and how aggressive you are as a driver. What power are you making right now?

Originally Posted by NBM-LS1
I was looking at a Lv.4 with the chromoly flywheel. Hows that? Its a heads and cam car.
Good setup, get me your hp/tq numbers.

[QUOTE=Gen414;11181553]
Originally Posted by golfinz
After talking with Steve, I will not put anything in my car but a Monster

QUOTE]

Amen. I tell you what, the longer Monster is around, and in the years to come, IF, and again, IF Monster can keep up what they are doing (GREAT customer service, 12 month warranty, excellent product, excellent price), then this will be THE clutch company in teh years to come.
Think about it:
Who else offers this type of warranty (for a clutch) at this price? No one.
While there are some companies that offer great customer service, they can't combine (atleast not right now) all of the above. Monster has set the standard for all to follow. Period.
So, unless Monster falls flat on their face (which I have no doubt they WON'T) I would never look at another clutch. No need.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a paid advertisment from Monster
I appreciate it man, it's good to see guys excited about our company!

you might as well be paid advertisement- Or maybe worse- you havent even installed your clutch and ur in almost everythread
LOL, no, just a believer in small businesses that take care of people.

Originally Posted by 95Lwind05
Thanks for the awesome info! Looks like I went waaaay overkill with the stage 3 but I suppose I wont have to worry about it breaking Goodluck with the new line/twin/triple clutches!
It's all good, at least you won't have to worry! Thanks a ton for the kind words!

so wait wait - Did I just over look the fact there there will be a "pay extra and we'll send u a new one no matter what option " over the first 12 month? Cause I am down for one of thoughs - =) If I dont kill the clutch in 12 months - Driving it normally with its few track passes- u can have that little extra- I havent seen a clutch go 12 months yet- ( on a car with more than 400 hp )
LOL, yes we are about to release that program! We are that confident in our stuff.

Originally Posted by Gen414
Your right, I am alot of their threads, and for good reason. Any company that goes above and beyond teh call of duty to offer great customer service to me, then others will know about it. I have not made any lies or exaggerations at this point. I could have easily said, yep, got it installed, shifts like stocker, dyno'ed 950HP and cut 1.25 60' no clutch slip, been 10K miles and everything is great.
But, I didn't, because I haven't installed teh clutch yet. All I have pointed out is fact:
Great customer service, cheap ($$$$) price, Great warranty. When I get it installed, and I will post up results, good or bad.

I have done teh same for Tick as well. Tick has been another great company that has treated me great, so I give sales pitch for them as well.

I am the guy that gives compliments as well as gives complaints, unlike some, who may just give complaints.

When I go into a restaraunt, and if teh experience was very good from walking in to walking out and everything in between (Host, wait time, waiter/waitress, food quality, atmosphere, etc...) was great, I will ask to speak to teh manager to tell them that he is doing a bang up job, and to keep it up.

I own a small business, and have for many years now (8 yrs) and I know what it is like to receive compliments and complaints, and if you do not receive compliments, it tells you 1 thing:
1)You are not doing a good enough job

Compliments are an essence to a small business succeeding, ESPECIALLY in teh "internet" world. Compliments can really make or break a company. Look at Monster, and what the internet and compliments have done for them.

And since Monster and SNLPerformance, have been nothing other that great, they will continue to receive my support in helping in any way I can, to make sure people that may be on the fence about a clutch, put my .02 in and share my experience about Monster.

Thanks again man, you continue to support us, and we appreciate it more than you know!
Old 03-06-2009 | 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

But so far all youve done is walk in and out of the restaraunt-

Im not debating the customer service, I am super excited about ordering my clutch simply from the customer service- but I think if you took all the posts you have made and put the time into pulling your trans your clutch would be installed - I can even search in the manual section for something non-monster related and find you posting about them- thats all.

SNLperformance is goin above and beyond - thank you for your continued posts with great information about these clutchs- Im assuming you guys are closed so I will talk to you monday =)
Old 03-07-2009 | 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Im not debating the customer service, I am super excited about ordering my clutch simply from the customer service- but I think if you took all the posts you have made and put the time into pulling your trans your clutch would be installed - I can even search in the manual section for something non-monster related and find you posting about them- thats all.

SNLperformance is goin above and beyond - thank you for your continued posts with great information about these clutchs- Im assuming you guys are closed so I will talk to you monday =)

You are completely correct there! However, my car is far from a "pulling my trans" type of deal. I will post some pics of my "project" so you will know why my clutch is not just an "afternoon" swap:

As you can see, I still have a ways to go. Since these pics have been taken, the motor has been mounted on teh motorplate (you can see the plate in one of the pics on teh side) and I have begun work on teh 25.5 cage that is going in teh car. My actual motor is at teh machine shop. The motor in the pics is my mock up stuff.

So, while I have just walked in and out of the restaraunt, I am looking at teh menu, and I am trying to get this car back on teh road as soon as possible. I have most parts in hand already. Matter of assembly

But again, please do not take anything I have said the wrong way. I have simply stated how I feel about Monster with 100% accuracy, with no exaggeration, and I will post feedback once the clutch hits the street, OK?

Thanks for listening!
Old 03-07-2009 | 08:50 AM
Banned

What will the be the ratings and durability of the double and triple ?
Old 03-07-2009 | 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

when you gonna finish that jeep?
Old 03-07-2009 | 08:57 PM
FormerVendor

Well, I bought a Monster clutch for it, and.....

That's my daughters, who just turned 4 over teh weekend, and she said "it's not fast enough daddy" So, it sits. Guess I am gonna have to get her a go kart.

So, with 2 kids (I have a 2 yr old son also) a wife, my own business, and a 55 Pontiac Chieftain project, I have my hands full, as you can see. The LSx Mustang should be done by June or July
Old 03-09-2009 | 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

We do what we can to support the community and our customers, we appreciate all that take notice and we will continue to do this!

You are completely correct there! However, my car is far from a "pulling my trans" type of deal. I will post some pics of my "project" so you will know why my clutch is not just an "afternoon" swap:

As you can see, I still have a ways to go. Since these pics have been taken, the motor has been mounted on teh motorplate (you can see the plate in one of the pics on teh side) and I have begun work on teh 25.5 cage that is going in teh car. My actual motor is at teh machine shop. The motor in the pics is my mock up stuff.

So, while I have just walked in and out of the restaraunt, I am looking at teh menu, and I am trying to get this car back on teh road as soon as possible. I have most parts in hand already. Matter of assembly

But again, please do not take anything I have said the wrong way. I have simply stated how I feel about Monster with 100% accuracy, with no exaggeration, and I will post feedback once the clutch hits the street, OK?

Thanks for listening!
Man you got a lot of work to do, good luck and keep us posted!

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
What will the be the ratings and durability of the double and triple ?
We are going to be sending out twins and triples to be tested, I anticipate that they will be able to go 18k+ mileage and take a beating at the same time. We are shooting for a rating of 1175hp/tq on our twin and 1750 hp/tq on our triple, all while keeping the pedal pressure at less than 15% stiffer than stock (on the triple, twin will be the same if not slightly stiffer than stock).

LOL!
Old 03-09-2009 | 02:31 PM
Banned

Will it be re-buildable?
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Will it be re-buildable?
I assume that you mean the multi-disc units?

Yes they are rebuildable and they will have the same 12 month warranty!
Old 04-20-2009 | 03:28 AM
Banned

Love what I am reading! Looks like when I recoup for the buy of my Bird and get all of its issues fixed, I will be coming to you.

As for the multi-disc units, will they be a Carbon Carbon clutch setup?

Looking forward to more reviews and more from your company!

DM
Old 04-20-2009 | 03:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Sure.

All of these are best case scenario and my best guesses based on test cars!

Level 1 - like stock, 40k+

Level 2 - 20k+

Level 3 - 18k+

Level 4 - 10k-12k

Level 5 - 18k+

Level 6 - 10k-12k

Easy stuff.

Man, I planned on runnin the Level 4 on my new 408 nitrous motor. I don't mind the drivability at all as it is a track car, but the 10-12k hurts on a $750 clutch lol.
Old 04-20-2009 | 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CJJones87
Man, I planned on runnin the Level 4 on my new 408 nitrous motor. I don't mind the drivability at all as it is a track car, but the 10-12k hurts on a $750 clutch lol.
We are constantly getting feedback from our testers, at the time this is the info we had.

I'm not one to just make stuff up, so, I go with the given data. Keep in mind that when your Monster wears out you will never pay the full retail price to replace it again. Call me when it wears out and we charge you a rebuilding fee and send you new stuff.

So far the best mileage reported for a Level 6 is 18,500 miles and the Level 3 is 22k and both are still going.
Old 04-20-2009 | 05:09 PM
Banned

Ummmm..... Bump for question 31!!!

DM
Old 04-20-2009 | 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Love what I am reading! Looks like when I recoup for the buy of my Bird and get all of its issues fixed, I will be coming to you.

As for the multi-disc units, will they be a Carbon Carbon clutch setup?

Looking forward to more reviews and more from your company!

DM
Absolutely not.

We do not do carbon just for the fact that I can get a higher coefficient of friction on a unit that doesn't chatter and is tremendously cheaper.

I have some carbon here that I can make a clutch out of, I just can't justify the increase in cost...
Old 04-21-2009 | 07:35 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Absolutely not.

We do not do carbon just for the fact that I can get a higher coefficient of friction on a unit that doesn't chatter and is tremendously cheaper.

I have some carbon here that I can make a clutch out of, I just can't justify the increase in cost...
Now that sounds good! Will deff be keeping an eye open

DM
Old 04-23-2009 | 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Keep in mind that when your Monster wears out you will never pay the full retail price to replace it again. Call me when it wears out and we charge you a rebuilding fee and send you new stuff.

So far the best mileage reported for a Level 6 is 18,500 miles and the Level 3 is 22k and both are still going.
this is awesome info man...im very glad i went with your clutch. what kinda price would there be for the rebuild on lets say a stage 3?

thanks again
Old 04-23-2009 | 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jerflash
this is awesome info man...im very glad i went with your clutch. what kinda price would there be for the rebuild on lets say a stage 3?

thanks again
PM sent.
Old 04-23-2009 | 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

PM sent.
keep your secrets...
Old 04-24-2009 | 08:08 AM
FormerVendor

PM sent.

Missed you the other day. Was over at Wolfe Race Craft, and wanted to swing by and check you guys out....

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Level 6- why not