Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trans Locked Up???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Locked Up???

Hey guys a week ago, I was driving down the highway around 55mph and the trans made a loud clack and the engine died. I had it towed home and the trans appears to be fully locked up. The car will run and idle but no matter what gear I'm in when the car is off, I can roll it as if it were in neutral. In addition to this, I can fully engage/disengage the clutch and put it in gear with car on. However, upon releasing the clutch, the car will bog and die as if the trans is locked up. It's making the link all the way to the trans but unable to transfer it to the output shaft. I am positive it's not the clutch linkage because the car turns over and meshes fine with the flywheel, and the clutch pedal works fine and the car can be shifted into all gears. It's just upon clutch release that the car feels locked.

I need help!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put the car into 4th gear and see what it does . If it tries to move better than the rest of the gears , you probably have issues with the trans . Does the car try to move when releasing the clutch and the trans is neutral ?