Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed my Tick Master cyl 2day

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Installed my Tick Master cyl 2day

I just got my car out of storage this week so I was looking forward to getting my new Tick Performance clutch master cylinder installed. So tonight after work I decided to get it installed. I started on it at 6:00, had it installed & driveable by 7:30 so I found it a fairly easy job. I did the install at work so the hoist made it much easier to unhook & reconnect the hydraulic line & heat shield. It is bulkier than the stocker, so it is a tighter fit going in, had to disconnect #5 plug wire & lift up on the wiring harness that runs near the brake booster. I didnt have much trouble at all getting the cyl bolted up to the firewall, just moved it around by the pushrod & started the bolts so do it that way & not necessary for someone to hold the cyl in place underhoood. It bled real easy too, didnt even have to crack the bleeder, mityvacced it. Just installed the LS7 clutch last summer so I doubt the speed bleeder will get installed any time soon. Pretty sure I got it adjusted where it should, had to lengthen the pushrod adjuster quite a bit, but it has a nice firm feel to it. One more thing, after I bled it, the pedal felt weak. I just adjusted the rod out quite a ways & thats all it was. Just drove it to the gas station to make sure its working ok but still have to put it to the test to see how it does. It feels like it starts to engage the clutch sooner. Very nice piece though, & it should make shifting easier from what others have said.

Last edited by flintwrench69; 03-13-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the write up, good info to have.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

You are supposed to go out and redline it in every gear and tell us how it shifts into third. We don't care how you installed it.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
You are supposed to go out and redline it in every gear and tell us how it shifts into third. We don't care how you installed it.
Well, theres no doubt about that. Problem is, I didnt get insurance on it yet & it started snowing a lil on my mini road test to the gas station. It also snowed this morning too but most of it melted. I will be going to the track in April but its supposed to get warm this weekend so it may get tested this weekend. All I know is it was frustrating as hell when the car wouldnt shift at the track last summer, time will tell if this takes care of it.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

hell ya man see if that thing will take 3rd gear. i bought the same cylinder so i hopd it helps my 2nd to 3rd problem
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

I was out driving the car on some back roads & did some powershifting today. I shifted into 2nd, 3rd & 4th at 5500-6000 rpms & never had a problem. Thats in 50 deg weather though, when it wouldnt go into gear last summer it was at least 80 deg & mainly at the track. Just from driving it the last few days it seems to work better but the real test will be this summer at the track.

Quick Reply: Installed my Tick Master cyl 2day