Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009 | 09:50 PM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Default Tick Master Cylinder

I was just thinking, is it possible to adjust it too far so that it pushes too much fluid into the slave and over extend it?
Old 03-19-2009 | 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Only if your name is David_viny. lol j/k
Old 03-19-2009 | 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

According to what I've read from Tick, it is possible, yes. Maybe they will post up with an explanation of how to tell when it's been extended as far as possible without "over extending" it.
Old 03-19-2009 | 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wouldn't it make you peddle engagement point really high ?

Old 03-19-2009 | 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to joey at tick, he said that if you over adjust your MC you can damage the fingers on the pressure plate, so that means YES it is possible to over extend
Old 03-19-2009 | 02:32 PM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Alright thanks. Kind of figured it could, just knowing me when I buy and install mine I'll keep adjusting until something breaks...
Old 03-19-2009 | 05:30 PM
On The Tree

does the mc come with anything that would aid you in adjustment? how would you know you have adjusted it too much?
Old 03-19-2009 | 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Start with it adjusted all the way down and extended the pedal up 1-2 turns at a time until you can bang all the gears.
Old 03-19-2009 | 05:39 PM
On The Tree

so it pretty much starts out on floor and you have to work it from there? im planning on getting the monster stage 3 and this mc and im wanting as much feedback from the ppl who use it as i can get..
Old 03-19-2009 | 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes the master cylinder comes with installation and adjustment instructions. I started with the rod in the shortest position, and turned it until I could get it easily in gear, and then I put it in gear held the clutch in and revved the engine, the car moved so I kept adjusting until it would not move any more, at least up to 5500 RPMs there is no creep so I know that My clutch is fully disengaging. Dont try to adjust to get the pedal position where you want it, thats not what it is designed for, its purpose is to assure that you have enough fluid and movement to fully engage and disengage your clutch. You will love it, I know I do.
Old 03-19-2009 | 11:12 PM
On The Tree

after reading some ppls testamonies about the monster stage 3 and the tick mc i think i have found my new set up...now i just need to purchase the moser 9" and trq arm with relocation bracket to get the ball rolling...
Old 03-20-2009 | 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Question for you guys that have the tick and have it installed and adjusted. With your tires up in the air... if you shift into first with the clutch in all the way, do your rear tires spin?

My rear tires have always spun alittle when doing this... but it never really creeps or lurches while on the ground and revving with the clutch in. I always got a "bump" when putting it into first. But I just figure that was the gears in the trans meshing together.

Just curious if the rear tires will spin when its in the air vs. when its on the ground.

J.
Old 03-20-2009 | 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Question for you guys that have the tick and have it installed and adjusted. With your tires up in the air... if you shift into first with the clutch in all the way, do your rear tires spin?

My rear tires have always spun alittle when doing this... but it never really creeps or lurches while on the ground and revving with the clutch in. I always got a "bump" when putting it into first. But I just figure that was the gears in the trans meshing together.

Just curious if the rear tires will spin when its in the air vs. when its on the ground.

J.
I've never experienced that with any of my clutch/trans setups that I've noticed. Are you saying just a tiny turn from the trans clicking into gear or they actually started spinning a bit?
Old 03-20-2009 | 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well...before I got my LS7, with the Spec, they would actually spin. This is with the rear off the ground, clutch to the floor, and trans in first. But you could stop the tires by hand. They werent spinning with force.

When the car is on the ground, clutch to the floor, as you put the shifter into first, the car would just sort of bump forward alittle. IT would go into gear easy enough...just felt like things had to mesh together.

Now, with a new GM master, new slave, and the LS7 clutch, with the wheels in the air, they will spin a little...but they stop on their own. Its weird.

Im blaming my issue on a couple things. 1 is Im in a swap car...so the clutch pedal geometry might be off JUST enough to screw with me. and 2...the stop hydraulics just stink. haha. Im hoping the Tick fixes alot of my issues by giving me more consistency. The stock parts drive awesome one day, and the next like crap.

J.
Old 03-20-2009 | 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser

J.
Right after my clutch install my tires would slowly spin, not enough to move the car on the ground, with the clutch pushed in or in neutral. Unless the car won't shift, move, etc I wouldn't worry about about.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Cylinder