Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

starts moving at 5k

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default starts moving at 5k

question just put a new clutch/master/slave in tdp diamond stage 3 clutch. when i put it in neutral it doesnt roll or doesnt have any problems at all but if i put it in neutral and rev it above 5k it starts moving forward. is it that its not broken in yet? what can it be? theres no air in the lines at all nothing got on the flywheel/disk/or pp
Old 03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing that solve my issues with that was a Tick perf. Master Cyl.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your car shouldn't move at all in neutral... do you mean you stuck it in 1st with the clutch in and revved to 5K RPM and it creeps?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Jon5212
Your car shouldn't move at all in neutral... do you mean you stuck it in 1st with the clutch in and revved to 5K RPM and it creeps?
Yes, that is what he is describing. He did the clutch test, it is dragging. IF he did a WOT shift, it should be harder to do, not butter smooth. Def cannot powershift.

Your right, it shouldn't but it does due to the fact that there is not enough fluid pushing given he properly bleed it.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon5212

yea that what i meant lol. i figure i have to go get a tick master cylinder
Old 03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, the car definitely shouldn't move. Is the clutch shimmed? Is it an OEM master? Was it properly bled? There are plenty of people without the Tick master that don't have any creep or issues shifting, so I wouldn't jump right into purchasing one until you've eliminated the cheaper/free possible fixes.

EDIT: I reread, so you believe it's properly bled. Still would like to know if it's shimmed. Doing the shim measurement from the sticky at the top of this section would be beneficial. If it's not shimmed and it needs to be, your clutch wouldn't be fully disengaging and would be causing this issue.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

no shim. when i bleed it i got a pump that pushs all the fluid out then i use the mityvac to get the rest. ill try rebleeding it. New oem slave and master

Last edited by SLP4CamaroSS; 03-20-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to bump this thread instead of making a new one.

I'm getting the same problem. I have a Tick MC, bled correctly with no air in the system. On the 2 step at 5.5K the car is creeping forward. I never tripped the lights but I'm sure it's not supposed to move. I adjusted the MC out more(raising the pedal) with no luck.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

My first recommendation is to call Jason at TDP and talk to him about the clutch, he offers it and will provide support on it.

My second would be to bleed the system thoroughly.

If it's still doing it you either have a leak at the slave, faulty/inadequate master cylinder, or the clutch needs a shim. You can either pull the trans, measure, and shim accordingly or replace the master with a Tick unit in hopes that it will make up the lack of stack height (if that's the issue).

Quick Reply: starts moving at 5k