Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Did i get lucky bench bleeding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Did i get lucky bench bleeding?

OK so i installed the tick master cylinder over the weekend. Once the master was bolted in I decided to bleed the slave line before connecting it to the slave. After I put everything together I decided to see if the hydraulics worked...and they did! I then took the car for a 5 mile ride of high rpm shifting and the peddle felt great the whole ride. So by bench bleeding, did I get lucky enough that I don't have to mess with the %^$*% bleeder on the slave? The car was up to operating temp during the ride and I even did the 5500 rpm rev with the clutch in and the clutch is fully disengaging.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like it. Good job!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good.

Since you didn't replace the slave and disconnected the quick connect line, the fluid that was in the slave stayed sealed, so it didn't get air trapped in it.

However, if the fluid hasn't been changed in the recent past, I'd reccommend bleeding the slave anyway to rid it of any contaminated fluid. Once the fluid comes out clear (new) you're set.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Sounds good.

Since you didn't replace the slave and disconnected the quick connect line, the fluid that was in the slave stayed sealed, so it didn't get air trapped in it.

However, if the fluid hasn't been changed in the recent past, I'd reccommend bleeding the slave anyway to rid it of any contaminated fluid. Once the fluid comes out clear (new) you're set.
I plan on having a buddy of mine help me later in then week on bleeding the whole system. I was just getting frustrated trying to crack the bleeder(I've never done it) so I decided to bench bleed the system just to see if it would work.

Quick Reply: Did i get lucky bench bleeding?