Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help quick , tranny install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help quick , tranny install?

I just installed my monster 3 and am trying to put the tranny back in. For some reason the shaft on the tranny will not go further than about half way. What could be wrong, i checked everything and the clutch alignment tool slides in just fine. I first install the clutch disc in back wards and had to re due it , but at least then the trans popped right in. Just wouldn't go into gear. Any suggestions as to what might be preventing it from going in?

Last edited by wilwhite2kss; 04-05-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a monster 3 with a chrommoly flywheel in my car just this weekend also (01 NBM SS). I didn't have any problem installing my monster, the trans slid in real easy until it hit the fat alignment pins in the bellhousing.

The only reason I had an issue with the pins, was because the trans kept tipping to passenger side on the jack, but thats because the bottom isn't exactly flat. I would put some oil/grease on the pins to prevent any binding. Also having the transmission in gear helps so you can turn the input shaft in case spline alignment is an issue.

Quick Reply: Need help quick , tranny install?