Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cannot get clutch pedal to unstick

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cannot get clutch pedal to unstick

I have the inherent sticking pedal problem and that's fine until today. Normally it won't stop functioning altogether it will just get hard and aggregated but still driveable. This past weekend I was going to attempt the stock adj master mod, drill mod, single man bleeder mod, and flush the entire system with DOT4. I could not find a damned coupler to save my life otherthan out hardware supplier for work which is closed on the weekend.

I now have the clutch pedal stuck to the floor for three hours and it still has not come up. I need to get this sucker home without a tow. Any comment or sugestions on how long yours has stuck? I may be forced to do these mode inthe driveway.

HELP
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone? It's still stuck, LOL
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet is to replace the master, slave, etc. I had the same issue with the pedal sticking and bled the fluid several times and would still stick to the floor with hard shifting. With all new hydraulics I have not had an issue at all and the pedal feel has greatly improved as well.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it finally came unstuck, as soon as the wrecker driver got his 140 cash for the long tow home, how convenient....

I pulled everything apart last night and you would not beleive the build up inside the master, and the lines. No wonder it got stuck, there was so much crap built up, it probably clogged the restriction in the braided line. The seals in the master are fine, so I am leaving that alone, just wrestling with the spring to get that back together.

I will probably put a 1" hole in a piece of 2x4 and put the master assembly on a hand press so I can have a free hand to slip that lock back in place. Also attempting to do the "drill mod" but my damn battery for the drill was dead last night....

After this I ought to be good to go if I can find the damned bleeder for the slave and punch a hole in the floor.

wish me luck
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

What is the build up made of? The only thing in the line is brake fluid?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

damned if I know, looked like sludge. I didnt see any leaks so nothing could be getting in/out. I am guessing contaminents from the line being so close the header, the slave being INSIDE the bellhousing and me and the previous drivers, driving the **** out of it. I have seen it before.

I am very glad I took the master apart, I never would of got all that gunk out of there. Finally got it back together without the press.

Waiting for the drill to charge so I can drill a hole in the floor for the bleeder(found it) and then drill the stainless line.

Quick Reply: Cannot get clutch pedal to unstick