Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

G.t.o t-56

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009 | 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Question G.t.o t-56

Anyone out there know if the late model g.t.o trans has steel 3-4 shift forks?Better syncro's(carbon fiber)? or any thing else better/worse than a regular f-body trans.I need to upgrade what I can,and need advise on what to spend my money on.My trans guy will build it to my specs and with my parts.Any special shim specs,or "tricks" will be appreciated.I still have to get someting on the road.Thanks to all for any replies!
Old 04-18-2009 | 10:41 AM
On The Tree

i know there ratio is different im pretty sure its like the z06 t56 that would be awesome if it had steel shift forks
Old 04-18-2009 | 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by e-racer-ls-1
Anyone out there know if the late model g.t.o trans has steel 3-4 shift forks?Better syncro's(carbon fiber)? or any thing else better/worse than a regular f-body trans.I need to upgrade what I can,and need advise on what to spend my money on.My trans guy will build it to my specs and with my parts.Any special shim specs,or "tricks" will be appreciated.I still have to get someting on the road.Thanks to all for any replies!
If your builder knows what he's doing, you should not have to give him your specs. He should take your needs into consideration and build it to his specs based on that info.

As for parts, the GTO unit has a triple/double syncro setup like the Corvette does. The only parts available for it are from Tremec. You can upgrade stuff like the fork pads from plastic to bronze and replace the stamp steel keys in the 3-4 assembly with billet replacement keys. The GTO comes stock with a steel 3-4 shift fork so it can be reused as long as its still in good shape.

Good luck on the build and I hope I didn't come off as a d!ck in my response to you.
Old 11-22-2009 | 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

8--------->

Quick Reply: G.t.o t-56