Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch disengagement issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch disengagement issues

so before i rebuilt my trans i had a ls7 clutch, new slave, and master cylinder and everything worked perfectly. I ended up twisting my input shaft in half and then rebuilt the trans and put a new slave cylinder in because that broke also when the input shaft failed. I bled the slave before I even put the trans in to make sure it was working properly and then put the trans in and the clutch will not disengage. The fingers on the pressure plate all seem to be sticking out to the same depth when bolted to the flywheel but only thing I can figure is that when the input shaft broke it damaged the pressure plate some how and it will not disengage the clutch now. Please give me your input thanks.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is possible that the SAC (Self-Adjusting Cover) mechanism misadjusted leading to a plate that isn't fully actuating. The only way to check this is to pull the clutch out and examine the SAC springs that can be seen on the top of the cover. These springs sit horizontally and should have the same amount of compression/release. If there is any difference in the amount of compression/release then the plate is likley misadjusted and subsequently not fully actuating accross the entire plate surface. You can reset this assembly using a press and a flat-head screwdriver. Post some pics of the plate and I will be happy to assist you in determing if there is an issue. Thanks,
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EW WS6
I bled the slave before I even put the trans in to make sure it was working properly and then put the trans in and the clutch will not disengage.
Did you bleed the slave again after you installed the trans?

Having a tough time imagining a proper hydraulic system bleed doing it the way you describe...

Quick Reply: clutch disengagement issues