Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Leaky Mcleod Billet Slave

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky Mcleod Billet Slave

Hey guys / gals...

I have the Mcleod Billet Slave (full Mcleod setup with Street Twin / Bellhousing, etc etc)

After a year of enjoying our cold Canadian climate I finally got the car put back together and went for my first nice weather drive. After about 25 km I lost clutch pedal feel...

After sorting things out, looks like (transmission comes out tomorrow so this is all guess work from the symptoms) the slave is leaking... when clutch pedal is pressed air is "hissing" out. I figure, I'll just use the rebuild kit I have for it and be on my merry way. The slave has about 60 1/4 mile passes on it and about 2000 driving kilometers on it (face plated tranny... not a lot of down shifting).

Then I was told that someone else had an issue with leaks in the unit, and after several rebuilds it kept leaking. Their story ends with Mclead sorting them out.

My question is... has anyone else using the Mcleod LS1 slave had issues????

Please, this is not a Mcleod bashing session... they treat me like gold and make great products. Too many "they saved my butt..." or "no charge... really??" stories to count.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you'd like to send it back and have it rebuilt or you'd like another set of seals let me know and we'll take care of you. I think the long storage of your car without any use of the bearing dried out the seals and more than likely caused the leak. These hydraulic bearings necessitate constant use to ensure the seals internally stay moist. If the seals dry up, then they rip or tare and you'll have a leaker on your hands.

Quick Reply: Leaky Mcleod Billet Slave