Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia triple disc help - why is the slave different?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need to rebuild my clutch disc,do you know what is the spec on them?
thanks

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
I used the one that came with the clutch. 30 miles on it and no problems so far. I never could figure out where to get a new one if need be....I'll cross that bridge when I get there I guess.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
The autozone slave doesn't come with a new bearing, which makes me think it's setup like the Tex slave. if i have to buy a new slave, i might be able to get one from autozone, then buy the bearing seperate like they sell them, and fit the plastic sleeve onto the new parts...i guess...
The dummy at Autozone didn't look it up properly. They've done the same thing to me, and it was like 10 bucks extra w/ no throwout bearing.
The part number that Autozone uses for the complete slave w/ throwout bearing is: 13207
Every LSx style slave that I've seen is the same. Doesn't matter if it came from GM, Autozone, O'Reillys, Napa, etc etc.

I don't know why Textralia would use the odd-looking piece on the slave in the picture you posted. I'm sure it can be removed and swapped over to any "parts store" replacement slave cylinder. You just have to use a flat-head screwdriver to pop the plastic piece loose. Think of it this way... it was installed on there, so it must be able to be removed.

So, to answer your question, "What do I do if the slave goes out?". Go buy a replacement slave and swap that piece over.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Not sure if you ever got your answer, but I had my tex triple disk installed with a new gm slave and now the clutch will not engage.

With a stock slave and the cluch pedal released the fingers on the clutch are still engaged by the slave. Textralia machines the slave on a lathe so that it will clear.

If you need a new slave, go and buy any replacement and ship it to textralia in TX and they will machine it for you, they take 1 day to complete the work.

Just wish I would have known this before I had it all installed, now I have to remove the whole assembly and ship the slave to tex and wait for it to come back. With shipping both ways I'm looking at about 5 days turn around.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fil131
Not sure if you ever got your answer, but I had my tex triple disk installed with a new gm slave and now the clutch will not engage.

With a stock slave and the cluch pedal released the fingers on the clutch are still engaged by the slave. Textralia machines the slave on a lathe so that it will clear.

If you need a new slave, go and buy any replacement and ship it to textralia in TX and they will machine it for you, they take 1 day to complete the work.

Just wish I would have known this before I had it all installed, now I have to remove the whole assembly and ship the slave to tex and wait for it to come back. With shipping both ways I'm looking at about 5 days turn around.
thank you very much for posting that info, that is exactly what i was wanting to know and had not found it yet either.

So far, my clutch is working fine, chatters like a bastard with the pedal in, but works. the car isn't tuned, so i haven't beat on it, but it has done some driving with no issues.

Sorry for your troubles. that is exactly what i feared i would encounter by installing the OEM slave.

Quick Reply: Textralia triple disc help - why is the slave different?