Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2 complete cars:swapping tranny m6-a4 and a4-m6. Swap interior harness???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 complete cars:swapping tranny m6-a4 and a4-m6. Swap interior harness???

I have looked on the sticky and almost everyone just has one car and gets an engine/trans harness for what they need. I have 2 cars and will be swapping the trans between the two. Both are 2000 Camaros so everything should be a direct swap. Is there a way to swap what ever is in the INTERIOR harness between the two cars so the pedals and sensors will just plug in with out having to cut wires and plugs and re wire stuff? Both cars are mine and will be sitting there side by side during the swap.

For those interested.... swap is because nice car was m6 and road raced, putting back to street strip/cruise night car with big stall for drag strip. Picked up rough a4 car to be new road race car. Couldn't see gutting a mint Z with 19k on it to get beat up anymore road racing... got a 3k beater for that now!

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

I would swap everything electrical, but thas just cause - Id swap the PCM the BCM the internal harness with and the motor harness as well. takes a couple hours extra to make sure everything is plugged in right and the harness stays clean.

Coming from someone with a swap car - The only problems I ever have a electircal and wiring. And they come up very randomly and few and far between.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

what all is involved in swapping the interior harness? Does it go to Everything or is it in multiple sections? thanks