Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram Slave Cylinder, Better than GM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Slave Cylinder, Better than GM?

I think that my stock GM slave cylinder is going bad. I have a centerforce dual friction clutch, and the pedal is starting to get soft, and I am having trouble getting into 1st and Reverse from a stop. It also grinds slightly going into other gears, but if I pump the pedal, it seems to disengage clutch better. I have bled the system, and changed the fluid to no avail. My question is, Does anybody use, or have you used a RAM #520 Slave cylinder, and did it perform better than a stock gm one? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like what my car did when my slave went bad. Had to cut the car off to get it into gear. LMAO! As for the ram slave I dont know about recently but when I ordered my slave from Byunspeed I was going to get the RAM and a guy from there called me and said that the RAM and GM slave were basically the same and i could save myself som money and just get the GM. I've had my SPEC 2+ and my GM slave for about 2 1/2 years now and no problems out of my slave yet.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

We recently took out a RAM slave that was leaking and ruined a clutch that still had plenty of life in it. Give us a call at the shop and we can get one of ours sent to you.

Matt
817-750-2000

Quick Reply: Ram Slave Cylinder, Better than GM?