Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I had almost lost all respect for you.

Has Tick addressed this issue yet?

The squeaking, not the pedal ***.

Hahahahaha LMAO!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, out of probably 400 of these things sold I think we have had maybe 4 or 5 come back with a faulty cylinder. All the comebacks had a leak at the cylinder where the rod goes into it. Those leaks ranged from a dinged piston that eventually scarred the cylinders wall to an improperly bored cylinder itself.

I just noticed this thread, but I have yet to hear one squeak. If there is a squeak, be sure to dissconnect it from the pedal assembly and push the pedal itself down to make sure the pedal itself isn't the squeak. Also make sure the spring is removed as described in the instructions and put a little grease on the pedal ***. where the heim joint slips on.

The only thing that I feel could create a squeak within the cylinder itself is where the gold rod sits against the actual piston inside the cylinder. It simply has a ball on the end of the rod that fits into a pocket on the top of the piston. I guess if squeaking turns into a problem we'll just have to put a little grease on that joint. The cylinder will probably need to be removed from the car to do this so the piston doesn't accidentally slip out spilling fluid inside the car during the process.

As for the black fluid, I would think that is due to excessive heat from a slipping clutch and/or clutch dust getting by the seals of the slave. If there is a problem with the bore of the cylinder the fluid will turn silver with aluminum particles...but if this were the case you'd probably have a leak.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
Guys, out of probably 400 of these things sold I think we have had maybe 4 or 5 come back with a faulty cylinder. All the comebacks had a leak at the cylinder where the rod goes into it. Those leaks ranged from a dinged piston that eventually scarred the cylinders wall to an improperly bored cylinder itself.

I just noticed this thread, but I have yet to hear one squeak. If there is a squeak, be sure to dissconnect it from the pedal assembly and push the pedal itself down to make sure the pedal itself isn't the squeak. Also make sure the spring is removed as described in the instructions and put a little grease on the pedal ***. where the heim joint slips on.

The only thing that I feel could create a squeak within the cylinder itself is where the gold rod sits against the actual piston inside the cylinder. It simply has a ball on the end of the rod that fits into a pocket on the top of the piston. I guess if squeaking turns into a problem we'll just have to put a little grease on that joint. The cylinder will probably need to be removed from the car to do this so the piston doesn't accidentally slip out spilling fluid inside the car during the process.

As for the black fluid, I would think that is due to excessive heat from a slipping clutch and/or clutch dust getting by the seals of the slave. If there is a problem with the bore of the cylinder the fluid will turn silver with aluminum particles...but if this were the case you'd probably have a leak.
So your saying if I buy one and it starts squeaking you'll warranty it? Over what time frame ( being in Canada its not like I can drive the car 6 months of the year ) If so sign me up I was all set to order but was waiting on this thread to get some resolve...

As for black fluid? Agreed has to be either previous fluid that didnt get flushed out of the slave or excessive clutch slip. The fluid goes black from the clutch/flywheel side of things and travels backwards. The master generates practically zero heat and wont damage the fluid at all.

put a little grease on the pedal ***
There we go with that pedal *** again... grease too? I dont wanna know anymore

Old 07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cam
So your saying if I buy one and it starts squeaking you'll warranty it? Over what time frame ( being in Canada its not like I can drive the car 6 months of the year ) If so sign me up I was all set to order but was waiting on this thread to get some resolve...

As for black fluid? Agreed has to be either previous fluid that didnt get flushed out of the slave or excessive clutch slip. The fluid goes black from the clutch/flywheel side of things and travels backwards. The master generates practically zero heat and wont damage the fluid at all.

There we go with that pedal *** again... grease too? I dont wanna know anymore

lol... If someone who has this squeaking problem will narrow it down and determine if my suspicions are correct we'll simply grease them all before sending them out.

We've warrantied all the leaky cylinders thus far and all of them that did leak came back with obvious problems from the manufacturer. Thankfully we've had very few problems thus far.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:07 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Haha yeah fair enough the only comment that had my thinking was this;

i disconnected the rod from the peddle and pushed the rod in and the damn thing still squeaks
But seeing as he has mushy pedal too me thinks its perhaps #5 or 6 now. Anyways good enough i need one so Im ordering

Quick Reply: new tick mc squeaking after 400 miles