Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What clutch for lt1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What clutch for lt1?

Okay well i am new to having a Camaro and just baught a 1994 Z28 with 138k miles on it. Sadly my clutch went out the first day i got it. So my question is what clutch should i buy? I have been looking at Ram Hd's and Zoom's but im stuck on which one to get. Anybody had some personal experience with these clutchs?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of the clutch companys use the same pressure plate for the LT1. save youreself some money and call "Tennesee clutch and supply" and tell em what kind of power youre making and that it is for a "LT1" car and youll be looking at about 200-300$ for a new pressure plate and disk. just need to resurface youre old flywheel if you dont feel like spending 200-300$ on a new billet one. OR you can possibly re-use youre old pressure plate also and just get a disk from them rated at whatever power output youre laying down.. cheapest way to go about things to get youre ride back on the road.. 9/10 times you can reuse youre old stuff and just get a new disk and youll be good. do a search and you will find many people doing this with the lt1's..