Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Reverse Lockout Switch?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009 | 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Well, damn, after the shop bled the clutch last week, it started working better, not perfectly, but a lot better, then after driving a few hours it started to get hard to put into reverse again. And shifting got a little difficult. What is goin on here. Is the brand neew slave bad, or is my master not working properly.? It worked fine for the old performance clutch.
Old 08-25-2009 | 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Clutch fluid reservoir level still where it was, or has it gone down any?
Old 08-25-2009 | 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crainholio
Re-bleed the clutch. It's important to open the bleeder while the clutch pedal is being depressed...not just push the pedal down and then crack the bleeder.

You move fluid (and air bubbles) doing it the right way, and get results much faster.

Also, stick with cheap regular DOT-3 fluid. Plenty of people have had issues with certain synthetic brake fluids, including me.

Let us know how it goes.
Which fluids are you referring to??

All brake fluid is labeled "Synthetic" anymore, it all has to meet the same specs. Its just a matter of quality and boiling point - DOT4 is better than DOT 3, and DOT 5.1 being better than DOT 4.

I ordered ATE Super Blue DOT4 Racing fluid for my clutch and brake system, since the regular DOT 3/4 seems to cook pretty quick with the heat.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 08-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2009 | 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Which fluids are you referring to??

All brake fluid is labeled "Synthetic" anymore, it all has to meet the same specs. Its just a matter of quality - DOT4 is better than DOT 3, and DOT 5.1 being better than DOT 4.
I'm referring to WalMart "Supertech" DOT 3, and I'm not seeing the word "Synthetic" anywhere on the label.

I have no reasonable explanation for why the cheap stuff works better in these hydraulic systems, just sharing my experience.
Old 08-25-2009 | 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crainholio
I'm referring to WalMart "Supertech" DOT 3, and I'm not seeing the word "Synthetic" anywhere on the label.

I have no reasonable explanation for why the cheap stuff works better in these hydraulic systems, just sharing my experience.
I understand, no offense implied.

Its just better to use a brand name quality fluid though to avoid boiling the fluid in the line after sustained heat from the engine, exhaust, and trans.

What fluid did you use that you experienced trouble with??
Old 08-26-2009 | 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

So, I called Monster and they mentioned me needing a new Master Cylinder from Tick. I'm just wondering why my stock m/c worked fine with the performance clutch I just pulled out. And what are the odds the NEW slave is bad..? Just trying to rule everything out..

Quick Reply: Reverse Lockout Switch?????