Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed Monster clutch and new problems arose

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Done, lol. Almost halfway broken in now!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you got it taken care of!

Enjoy that clutch!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Glad you got it taken care of!

Enjoy that clutch!
Thanks, man! Yeah, everyone was real friendly and helpful when I called up and the recommendation to replace the master was right. I never ended up needing to vacuum bleed it.

The clutch feels great so far. Couple hundred more miles until I go ***** to the wall, but for everyday driving it's been great. I'll try to finish the break in tomorrow and then maybe get a couple videos of it this weekend
Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Thanks, man! Yeah, everyone was real friendly and helpful when I called up and the recommendation to replace the master was right. I never ended up needing to vacuum bleed it.

The clutch feels great so far. Couple hundred more miles until I go ***** to the wall, but for everyday driving it's been great. I'll try to finish the break in tomorrow and then maybe get a couple videos of it this weekend
Outstanding!

Let me know if you need anything else!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:36 PM

Well, the clutch is all broken in, but it started raining before I got a chance to have any fun

Hopefully I'll get a chance before the weekend ends!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 PM

Well, I finally got a chance to get on it a bit today after checking everything over. It seemed ok at first, but when I try to powershift the pedal sticks to the floor and it just bounces off the limiter. When I shift pretty fast, but normally (let off the gas) it seems fine...maybe a very slight hesitate for the pedal to come back, but so slight that it's hard to tell. Anyone have any ideas? Sound like a bleeding problem or a pedal adustment problem maybe?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the EXACT same problem with my stage 3, i went through 3 bottles of brake fluid bleeding and even pulled it apart and put in a new slave. I spent 3 days bleeding the damn thing and I got it to power shift 1 time. Then i took a trip home and just as you stated i would have to let off the throttle just a tad to shift at WOT. I ended up blowing up the ls1 that night and decided in converting to an auto.

But what we did to get it to power shift was drill out the breather hole in the reservoir a little bit. Then get a very small cone shape adapter that fits on the end of an air compressor nozzle. Then open the bleeder, stick the nozzle in the cap and compress the fluid through the slave making sure to not let the reservoir run dry and then close the slave. This will obviously require 2 people. If you have air in the slave, its almost an act of god to get it out. This is why SNL uses an expensive *** pressure bleeder to install all their clutches.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 AM

Bled it a bit and the pedal still stuck. My brother could actually watch it come back slowly.

Currently using a mighty vac to bleed it. Letting it sit with vacuum to it and getting some decent air out of it. I go out every few minutes and pump the pedal slowly a few times. I'll test drive it in a little bit and see how it feels.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Bled it a bit and the pedal still stuck. My brother could actually watch it come back slowly.

Currently using a mighty vac to bleed it. Letting it sit with vacuum to it and getting some decent air out of it. I go out every few minutes and pump the pedal slowly a few times. I'll test drive it in a little bit and see how it feels.
I had a horseshit problem like this & bleed it till I was blue in the face & 1gal of break fluid & then I get the mighty vac. stuck the nozel in the resivor hole & gave it a few pumps & a huge air bubble came out. ppl told me 2 get a tric master also but I wasn't buyin that advise. I knew itwas a hydro prob & sure enough out came that big *** air bubble. good luck & that should solve ur prob I hope
Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 AM

The bubbles slowed down and got alot smaller after about 45 minutes of having vacuum to it. I was going out every few minutes and pumping the pedal a bit. Took it for a drive and it possibly felt a little better, but the pedal still stuck on hard shifts.

I threw the vac back on it and I'm gonna try putting vacuum to it for a while more. I really hope this fixes it because I'm out of ideas after this.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

try this instead of what ur doing. in the kit there's 3 pointy adapters u can put on the end of the hose. take the one that fits in the end of the hose that's attached to the rez and give it a few pumps. it should only take u a few second & it should be done but u may need to repeat a few times. try to keep ite rez full cuz its going to want to vac the fluid out

Ill stay here till u get it done just post up & ill answer asap
Old 08-30-2009, 12:08 PM

I've been using the adapter that fits in the hole at the bottom of the reservior. Bubbles keep coming out. I go out and pump it every few minutes. I did up the vacuum to 13 and alot of bubbles came out right after. It drops very slowly to about 12 and I pump it back to 13. I'm tempted to bump it to 15 and see if it moves it along faster, but I'm afraid of hurting the seals in the master. I just don't want to be doing this for hours on end, haha.

Thanks, man!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 PM

Also, I'm hesitant to pull the pump off and test it because it seems to take a few minutes to start getting any bubbles after hooking it back up.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

it only took me a few min with the mighty vac. just put the hose in the bottom of the line & gove it 5-10 pumps & u should see the air come out. top the fluid off pump the pedal & repeat. it should only take a few min not a few hrs. just try it like I said & I'm sure ull get it. I don't rember having a gauge on mine I just pumped it 5-10 time & ull c the bubbles
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM

Are you pumping the pedal while the vacuum is attached or after you rmove it and top off the reservior?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

use the vac, take the vac off, top the fluid off, pump the pedal (make sure 2put the cover on so nothing splashes just incase), & bleed it with the vac again
Old 08-30-2009, 12:47 PM

Sounds good. I'm gonna take it for a very quick spin to see how it feels and then continue as you described.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:59 PM

Ok, it's still going soft and not comming back fast enough at WOT. I put the vac on and pumped it to 12. A couple bubbles came out. I'll let it sit for a few minutes and then cap it and pump the pedal, then repeat.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-30-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good. I'm gonna take it for a very quick spin to see how it feels and then continue as you described.

Thanks!

u don't have 2 drive it u can just pump it up 10times then bleed it again. I would say to do this 2-4 times should be plenty. do u have new fluid in or is the fluid u had in there old. I'm assuming its new since uve bleed this till u turned blue in the face & still can't get it. LoL
Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 PM

Yeah, the fluid is brand new. Going to cap it and pump the pedal, then I'll vacuum it again.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-30-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Installed Monster clutch and new problems arose