Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed Monster clutch and new problems arose

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I capped it, pumped it 10 times and put the vacuum back on. I didn't have to top it off this time as the fluid isn't dropping that fast.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:15 PM

Second time is done. put a little fluid in that time. Vacuum is back on.

I'm honestly out of ideas if this doesn't work.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Vacuum is on for the 4th time. After this I'll pump it and then take it for a spin and see it it goes soft at WOT.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

I have 1more up my sleeve don't worry well get it
Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Vacuum is on for the 4th time. After this I'll pump it and then take it for a spin and see it it goes soft at WOT.
vac & pump,vac & pump making sure to top the fluid off @ the end. pump the pedal & it should be harder
Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 PM

No dice. The pedal still gets soft and hesitates coming back on hard shifts. Could it be a problem with the pedal adjustement? I have it adjusted pretty far out right now.

The pedal doesn't seem to feel any different. It feels decently firm. Not as hard to mpush as other clutches I had, but being a different clutch I'm not sure how it should feel.

When you were vacuuming it, before you pumped the pedal, were the bubbles stopping? Mine seems to have bubbles constantly.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

ok well that sucks. u have an adjustable master right? can u ajust it from there? I think there's 2nut @ each end of the rod that u have 2 loosen but from there I don't know where 2 go. I don't have one so I can't really help on that part.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 PM

I have it adjusted out all the way so that it doesn't even hit the stop when fully pressed. It must be using all available throw for the master itself. I'm gonna try to lower the pedal a bit and see if it helps. I'll let you know.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

No dice. The pedal still gets soft and hesitates coming back on hard shifts. Could it be a problem with the pedal adjustement? I have it adjusted pretty far out right now.

The pedal doesn't seem to feel any different. It feels decently firm. Not as hard to mpush as other clutches I had, but being a different clutch I'm not sure how it should feel.

When you were vacuuming it, before you pumped the pedal, were the bubbles stopping? Mine seems to have bubbles constantly.
put ur pedal adjustment back 2 stock & try it. if it worked b4 u moved it move it back. if not try it anyway
Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM

I adjusted the pedal down and it still does the same thing. I'm not sure where stock is exactly as I had a stock master before this Tick unit, but it is noticeably lower now that I just adjusted it, but didn't seem to affect the problem at all.

The thing about the Mighty Vac that bothered me is that the bubbles never stop coming out. I don't think there's a leak in the system because I'm not losing fluid and the pedal has good feel, but I don't know what to make of it.

I suppose I could just shift it like a bitch from now on and only race stuff with 100 less hp than me, haha.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-30-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

wtf is going on I wonder humm. so it shifts in in every gear but when ur dumping the clutch through the gears the pedal wants to stay on the floor cuz there's not enough pressure 2 bring it back up right? sounds like u need 2 do the drill mod to move more fluid 2 me. I just did it but the motors still on the floor cuz I've been wating for 3 fucken weeks for header bolts from HEAVY6.0 @ SPEEDTWEEKERZ. *******
Old 08-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Basically the car drives fine until you try to shift real fast at high rpm when you get on it. It's like the pedal goes soft or something and hesitates in returning. This causes it to bounce off the limiter when you hit the gas (or powershift). My brother sat in the passenger seat and was able to actually see the pedal staying down. The Tick master comes with an attached line, so there's no drill mod to do. I really don't know what to do other than contacting the vendors for advice tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Basically the car drives fine until you try to shift real fast at high rpm when you get on it. It's like the pedal goes soft or something and hesitates in returning. This causes it to bounce off the limiter when you hit the gas (or powershift). My brother sat in the passenger seat and was able to actually see the pedal staying down. The Tick master comes with an attached line, so there's no drill mod to do. I really don't know what to do other than contacting the vendors for advice tomorrow.
your sure u can't do the drill mod?
check out this link to see if its pretty much the same master u have minus the brands http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm

other than that I guess ull have 2 shift like a bitch lol j/k. call a tech in the a.m. & sorry I wasn't able 2 help u in the 3+hr we worked on it
Old 08-30-2009, 02:46 PM

Yeah, it says right on their website that it's a new line that doesn't need the drill mod. Also, the Mcloud uses the stock line that just gets transfered over. The Tick comes with a line that's attached to the master and can't be removed as far as I know.

I definitely appreciate all the help, I'm just bummed out as these stupid problems. I'm calling it quits for today and I'll contact Tick and Monster tomorrow and see what they recommend. They're always helpful.

Thanks again!
Ron
Old 08-30-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That really sucks. I was optimistic that bleeding it with the Mity Vac would solve the problem, especially after seeing all the air come out of it, but it clearly hasn't worked. I'd definitely give Tick, Monster, and anyone else a call tomorrow and find out what the hell is going on. The pedal feels good. Also let them know that it's giving you a little trouble going into reverse. It just feels all around notchier than it did before you swapped everything out. It's not like we haven't done this a thousand times and don't know what we're doing.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, it says right on their website that it's a new line that doesn't need the drill mod. Also, the Mcloud uses the stock line that just gets transfered over. The Tick comes with a line that's attached to the master and can't be removed as far as I know.

I definitely appreciate all the help, I'm just bummed out as these stupid problems. I'm calling it quits for today and I'll contact Tick and Monster tomorrow and see what they recommend. They're always helpful.

Thanks again!
Ron
I would really like 2 know what fixes your prob. I think its either hydro or u need 2 do some adjusting. but post it up & shoot me a pm cuz its goig 2 bug me till I figure it out. ill prob think of it while I'm sleepin lol. good luck man & sorry again that I was no help.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by rice8er
I would really like 2 know what fixes your prob. I think its either hydro or u need 2 do some adjusting. but post it up & shoot me a pm cuz its goig 2 bug me till I figure it out. ill prob think of it while I'm sleepin lol. good luck man & sorry again that I was no help.
Haha, yeah I've fixed alot of stuff while laying in bed. Sometimes you just gotta step away for a while. I'll let you guys know what the next step is as soon as I find out.

I'll tell you one thing, once I get this car straightened out I'm gonna flog it so hard that the neighbors are gonna call the cops to report some domestic abuse

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-30-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:29 AM

Just spoke with the guys at Monster and their recommendation is to start out by pressure bleeding the system rather than vacuum bleeding it. I'm gonna make a few calls as I should be able to get a hold of one. Once I get it bled that way I'll let you guys know how it went!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just spoke with the guys at Monster and their recommendation is to start out by pressure bleeding the system rather than vacuum bleeding it. I'm gonna make a few calls as I should be able to get a hold of one. Once I get it bled that way I'll let you guys know how it went!
Keep us posted.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Keep us posted.
Definitely! Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Installed Monster clutch and new problems arose