Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Proper way to bleed with Mity Vac??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper way to bleed with Mity Vac??

Yes Ive used search but there is a 1000 different ways people are doing this. I have a mity vac and am in the stage of putting motor back in. What is a proper a definate way to Mity Vac so I get a good clutch pedal. Also does vehicle need to be running.. Sorry for my stupidity not really smart on the tranny side.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt Can anyone help on this one?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some good articles on it and it's very simple. Here's one: http://www.performanceworks1.com/ls1...h_bleeding.htm

I will warn you that last time I saw someone do it, the air bubbles never stopped coming, which leads me to believe there is a leak somewhere in the system allowing more air to get in. And it should be noted that every clutch/hydraulic-related part was installed brand new at the time and this was after a traditional clutch bleed. The pedal also felt totally firm and normal even though air continued to come out.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like to add to those instructions.
fill the cup of the mityvac about 3/4 of the way with new fluid. then add a hose (alot of them come with the needed hose)to the inside of the lid so when you release the vacuum it will suck fluid(not air) back in.
this way you can leave the cone down in the resevior and not pull it out
Old 09-03-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

If the tranny is not bolted up, I'd suggest getting a slave extension that way you can bleed easily either using a motive bleeder or the two-man routine. Either way, you can submerge the end of the slave extension in some brake fluid and stop when the bubbles end. I did this a couple of years ago and it is a great addition. I know there is a sponsor or two that make them....
Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrEddie
If the tranny is not bolted up, I'd suggest getting a slave extension that way you can bleed easily either using a motive bleeder or the two-man routine. Either way, you can submerge the end of the slave extension in some brake fluid and stop when the bubbles end. I did this a couple of years ago and it is a great addition. I know there is a sponsor or two that make them....
Tick sells one.

Quick Reply: Proper way to bleed with Mity Vac??