Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can a bad clutch interlock switch cause a no start?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can a bad clutch interlock switch cause a no start?

Basically i went to start the car this morning, and i went to crank it, and nothing happenend, no noise, all the lights came on so the battery was good. I really put the clutch to the floor and it took like a second to catch almost like something was faulty like it wasn't getting the signal the clutch was pressed in or something.

Anyone have that happend? Is this the beginning of it going out? The car has started up everytime ever since, but it was just weird how there was a delay in the start at first and now no delay.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue intermittently for a while, then it just stopped starting. Replaced the clutch interlock switch to no avail because it was only a couple dollars. Turned out to be the starter. Even whacking on the starter didn't help so I figured it might not be. It just went in and out at random.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, and im taking a longroad trip back home to philly (8hrs). First my ballast, now this. Always happens when you need the car for a big trip!

It just didn't start, then i did it again and 1 second later holding the key to crank, it fired up, like a delay and now there is no delay after 5 starts today. Your started just stopped turning and nothing happend?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
Damn, and im taking a longroad trip back home to philly (8hrs). First my ballast, now this. Always happens when you need the car for a big trip!

It just didn't start, then i did it again and 1 second later holding the key to crank, it fired up, like a delay and now there is no delay after 5 starts today. Your started just stopped turning and nothing happend?
Yup, lights on, but nothing. It went on and off for a few months before finally taking a crap. Luckily I never got stranded any farther than a few miles from home and was able to pop start it the few times it didn't come back after waiting a couple minutes.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well it happend again today. However the first two times it happend was the first start of the day. I didn't even push the clutch all the way in, just halfway and the car started fine. For some reason, the first start is a no start, then i push back in and it will start. Im kinda worried about taking the car back home.

Quick Reply: Can a bad clutch interlock switch cause a no start?