Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

looking for a good twin disc at a good price.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far i have heard no bashing on the textralia's or the mcleod's . i can't believe they are perfect. ron i'm still waiting to hear from you.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

I had a spec 3+.....Great clutch, but my experiance on customer service wasn't as great.....I've had a Textralia oz700 since 06'...had one issue, called the rep, made a 6hr drive to Houston, recieved a new clutch and had it installed on the reps dime....Same clutch has been in since June of 07' 20k and 50+ 7200k dumps and going..

I'm leaning on the Textralia triple....Customer service can mend any situation even if the product fails....
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

going for textralia unless somebody stops me!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

I just ordered my new spec twin disc ss street twin. i will post on how well i like it and a few other important things as i go along.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

Quick, I am glad that we were able to assist you and I am sure that you will be pleased with the results of using our Super-Twin. Please let me know if you have any questions and of course keep us updated with your experience and reviews. Thanks and have a good morning!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Running the PT trim on my Z06...hadnt skipped a beat yet....rather aggressive as it has broken some parts...Clutch will find a weak link...on the same day in March, Im running the PT a friend running the SS: I broke Trans output shaft and ring gear, he broke trans output, diff case, tq tube, and bellhousing....clutches looked great....another friend with a 550rwhp NA 2000 Vette broke 2 rears and a Trans output shaft with his spec twin....he removed for something less aggressive and the clutch looked great....he checked balance on the clutch and it was perfect
In the past Ive run a Spec 3 X pad way back when....installed/shimmed properly with adjustable master...car took drag stip abuse for years 6800 clutch dumps on ET drags and powershifted with ease...still kicking today 50k miles later....others in this thread have mentioned the install, pull, shim, reinsall mess....this not a matter of trail and error...as slowhawk noted you should check the gap on EVERY clutch between the T/O bearing and clutch fingers to determine slave shim or not....Bleeding also very important...Bleed bleed bleed bleed, then bleed again and mity vac is a nice tool....Im installing a tick master on my car to ensure the quickest shifts and to lower my pedal position with adjustability to ease launching at the drag strip
best of luck guys!
Kurt
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Kurt it is always nice to see your posts and I think you have really hit the nail on the head! It's always easier to measure twice and cut once as it were.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

trust me i'm gonna do it right as it's way to o expensive not to. jeremy, does the clutch have the shim/no shim specs in the box? i hope to have everything this weekend.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

No, the kit does not include the shim/no-shim measurements. Our kits are designed to use the shim and as such they are sent together. Of course, as mentioned above it doesn't hurt to measure...but as a whole these kits need the shim!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

good to know jeremy thanks. i will search for the thread before hand then.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

first off, many thanks to joey at tick performance and jeremy at spec. the clutch install went great and finished it off this weekend in the middle of a halloween drinking marathon. i would recommend this clutch to anyone considering a twin disc. i have a bunch of pics taken as well as measurements. i will have a hard time trying to control myself from going wide open for 500 miles though.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

Any updates on how you like the clutch so far?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

I am curious as well. I am in the market for a high horsepower twin
Old 06-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Launching!

I don't know if you looked into the ram iron iron disks. We have used them with great success on a lot of High boosted cars.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:20 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
To add to my post.We never recommend clutches that we haven't tested first.
For Spec,we ran 2 of there testing Supertwins and about 4 since.The 2 testers are still in the cars making 800+rwhp each.None of the other ones have failed. So they work very good BUT you have to pay attention to the install and measuring the air gap between the clutch and slave.(you should do this with every clutch.)

The other clutch we use is the Mcleod RXT's for high hp setup's.Very light peddle pressure,stockish drivability and are taking 900hp no problem so far -I say so far because they are still fairly new.

Right now we do not use RPS's due to problems I had with it in my personal car a few years back and lack of customer support then.

We've had great luck with the Monster single's this year.They are taking serious track abuse but no long term on them since they are a new product too.

Failures -I've seen alot of them and from all clutch companies.Clutches can break and some will.Alot of times it's caused by the driver,the biggest is slipping the clutch doing a burnout instead of popping the peddle out.
Hard to argue with that ^

I'd say Spec twin too just from others I know having good experience. Proper install is key to anything but even more key with multi disk clutches
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

I was thinking mcleod, but I am curious of others opinions as well. My project is an 8.3 liter bbc in an 04 silverado (see avatar) which is going to be swapped out for a bigger bbc and 2 turbos. Joey @ tick built the trans and now I am trying to figure out the last pieces of the puzzle.

Quick Reply: looking for a good twin disc at a good price.