Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

yes another lt-ls trans thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes another lt-ls trans thread

hey everyone, ive been searching and looking to find out some info about the swap
what i have is a 96 z28 hardtop with a blown motor and a 6 speed that was good
and an automatic 01 z28 vert

what is done with the clutch hydraulics between the two, i was told that even with an ls1 bellhousing and input shaft swapped that the clutch hydraulics from the ls1 style wouldnt work.
is that true?
what is the better setup? can i run the old fork style on a ls style clutch with some modification? is it worth it? what about master cylinders? should i use the 96 one or go with 01-02 hydraulics or something aftermarket?
Thanks, Mark
Old 10-15-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dragcamaro
what is done with the clutch hydraulics between the two, i was told that even with an ls1 bellhousing and input shaft swapped that the clutch hydraulics from the ls1 style wouldnt work.
is that true?
As long as you swap in the LS1 input shaft and front plate, you can use LS1 hydraulics.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks man, im kinda on a budget and im looking at master cylinders, is the adjustable ram ok? ive heard nothing but good things about the tick, but im kinda on a low budget right now

is the lt style master useable or is it a waste of time?

thanks for the help guys, im still debating the swap, i was planning on building a rear mount lq4 car with a transbreak 4l80, i figure ill stay away from the rear mount honestly though because of the lag and the inability to build boost off the line
any comments on that? i figure i could use a two step to build some but compared to a transbrake i dont think i could launch nearly as hard
Old 10-16-2009, 06:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dragcamaro
thanks man, im kinda on a budget and im looking at master cylinders, is the adjustable ram ok? ive heard nothing but good things about the tick, but im kinda on a low budget right now

is the lt style master useable or is it a waste of time?

thanks for the help guys, im still debating the swap, i was planning on building a rear mount lq4 car with a transbreak 4l80, i figure ill stay away from the rear mount honestly though because of the lag and the inability to build boost off the line
any comments on that? i figure i could use a two step to build some but compared to a transbrake i dont think i could launch nearly as hard
If tight on funds, go stock MC from Advance Auto.

But, not sure how you can be tight on funds, if looking at doing a Rear mount turbo, LQ4/transbraked4L80 swap
Old 10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

those are long off plans man.... long off. i was just talking about the future lol