Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

One hell of a guy..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default One hell of a guy..

I know this thread goes somewhere else. But, I know that people don’t always go there, and I want EVERYONE to know what kind of guy this is. The guy I’m referring to is Derrick, the owner of Morris Motorsports out of Alvin TX.. I just met him for the first time last week. But I've been talking to him on the phone for a while now. He has bent over backwards to help me with my clutch and tranny issues. I DIDNT EVEN BUY THE CLUTCH OR TRANNY FROM HIM. He drove a few hours from where he lives to meet with me to help me. He took the time to explain everything to me. I'm pretty fluent with cars, but I learned alot from him today. I owe him the world, and if I had a million bucks I'd give it to him. He's one hell of a nice guy, and smart as hell. I highly recommend Morris Motorsports for whatever performance needs you have... Thanks buddy, and I assure you, you’ll have all of mine and my friends business. Well worth the drive.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

he told me he was going out to, help some one out today with a monster clutch install today. his shop is pretty far from houston, but thats the kind of guy Derrick is. he has even made time for his customers on his day off. he helped another member here by going to his shop, picking up parts, and then meeting with delivering the parts to the member who needed them immediately to get his car operational. and this was late in a sunday.
that's type of service Derrick provides and believes in.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

His father was a crew chief on a pro stock race team, so Derrick has been in the industry for a long time. I forsee him doing very well for himself in the industry because he knows how to handle and treat people. He's very down to earth.. Alot of other shops should take notes from Derrick.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, REALLY appreciate the kind words, means alot to me. We do strive for customer excellence, and we try to go that extra mile for our customers, potential customers, or just about anybody that needs a helping hand.
Would like to add that both of you guys, Charlie C5, and NemeSS, are both GREAT people as well. Neme loaned me a block when I was doing some mock up stuff on a car I had, and he did not even KNOW me at the time. He saw an ad I had, looking for a block, and he gives me a PM, and says, hey, come get it, and you can use it! I was like holy crap! Since then, he has also given me some shop lights to hang in my shop, FOR FREE! So, Neme, you will ALWAYS be taken care of by me for all that you have done for me, THANK YOU!

Charlie, well, lets just say, it was my pleasure helping you out. When you showed up at my shop the other day, I could tell right off the bat, you were gonna be easy to get along with. VERY laid back, very easy going...and again, you having a problem, and even though you have not puchased anything through me, or from me, you are a car fanatic like I am, and that's all that matters. You needed help, and I am happy to provide it for you.

Thanks again guys, it means alot to me.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Agreed! Derrick is one hell of a guy!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thumbs up

Hey guys, situations & guys like you Derrick through the net get world wide recognition, would be so great if more business owners had 1/2 that amount of support for their customers.
Wish we had guys like you down under here in NZ
Old 10-17-2009, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fun-Formula98
Agreed! Derrick is one hell of a guy!

Thanks FunFormula for teh kind words. What I can say is this: (and I told Charlie this yesterday morning when I was helping him out) because of customers like YOU GUYS, is WHY I do this! Sure, I try and make a living at it, but I KNOW I could go out and make more money at some job I would be unhappy at. But, I love cars and pretty much anything mechanical, and when I deal with people like the FunFormula's, Charlie's, and Neme's of teh world, it makes it ALL WORTH IT. Not trying to sound cliche or corny or anything like that (even though I am sure it does) it is just who I am. I like to help people, and I can do it, doing something I love to do anyways!

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Hey guys, situations & guys like you Derrick through the net get world wide recognition, would be so great if more business owners had 1/2 that amount of support for their customers.
Wish we had guys like you down under here in NZ
Thank you as well. Again, it's guys like you that make me continue. Now, what do I mean by that? Well, you could have just as easily not said anything, read this thread, and moved on. BUT, because you appreciate good customer service (or when you hear or read about it) and you can publicly say what it means to you, YOU are the type of customers/people that I do these things for. So, again, thank you.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Charles...info sent. Thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

I have to back all this up too. Never bought anything from them, answered more emails and PM's for me than people I have bought from.

I know who I will buy from next time.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now THATS customer service! Glad to hear there are still people out there like that!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Derrick is a great guy!

We are proud to call him a Monster Clutch dealer!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cobra R
I have to back all this up too. Never bought anything from them, answered more emails and PM's for me than people I have bought from.

I know who I will buy from next time.

Thanks Cobra...when you are ready..so are we But even if you (or anyone) do not buy from us, but still have questions or concerns, be assured you WILL receive help from us. Thanks!

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Now THATS customer service! Glad to hear there are still people out there like that!
Thank you. Yes, we try and help all...money spent with us or not...if you a have a car, and you need some help, we will be happy to provide assistance!
Thanks

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Derrick is a great guy!

We are proud to call him a Monster Clutch dealer!
I am proud to say I am a Monster Dealer to boot! Thanks Steve for all you do!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

After reading this post and several others about derrick I will be going to him for my trans rebuild when I get the money saved.and I will also be purchasing a stg 3 monster from him as well
Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blk99sleekbeak
After reading this post and several others about derrick I will be going to him for my trans rebuild when I get the money saved.and I will also be purchasing a stg 3 monster from him as well

We will be ready when you are
Old 10-22-2009, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks again Derrick!

Quick Reply: One hell of a guy..