Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! Before i go on a shooting rampage!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help! Before i go on a shooting rampage!

Ok, so i am at a loss for words. ive bought and returned every tool possible from NAPA for this job. My slave cylinder went out on me, so i replaced it, had the transmission out and back on within two hours. But i didnt undo the clutch line because i didnt care about the old slave breaking. So it broke off, which is no problem. The new one is in there but i cant get the clutch line unhooked from the remnants of the old slave. The gold coupler is still on there and i CAN NOT get that thing off. Why the hell do they call them a quick disconnect, when there is nothing quick about the way you disconnect it? None of the tools NAPA, autozone, kragen, or pep boys sells will work for this damn thing. What do i do? How do you guys get it out? ive tried pushing the white thing in with screwdrivers, but even so, it looks like its all the way in and it still wont come out. What do i do?
Old 10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a buddy to help you. your push in the tabs on each side with mini screwdrivers, and have your friend pull of the other end with vice grips/pliers. you should have taken the line off while it was still attached the rest of the slave.

but hey, you got the perfect oppurtunity to buy an adjustable master now if you cant get that crap removed
Old 10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a buddy to help you. your push in the tabs on each side with mini screwdrivers, and have your friend pull of the other end with vice grips/pliers. you should have taken the line off while it was still attached the rest of the slave.

but hey, you got the perfect oppurtunity to buy an adjustable master now if you cant get that crap removed
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have use an open ended wrench before. Fit the wrench over the barrel just make sure its a tight fit because you want to push the white tabs in and give her the old tug-a-roo...

I have seen them be a bitch if there is pressure in the line and by opening the bleeder but if you already broke it off that shouldn`t apply to this. Good Luck...
Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

pressure be damned! this damn thing is not coming out. ever! never ever!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

turns out the little plastic white thing was broken inside of the coupler. got it undone with a dremel, though.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
pressure be damned! this damn thing is not coming out. ever! never ever!
That gave me a good chuckle.

Glad you got it out.

Quick Reply: Help! Before i go on a shooting rampage!