Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

stupid clutch questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid clutch questions

I'll keep this to the point. I need a new clutch. How much would the install be (ballpark)? Is it worth it to upgrade the clutch or should I stick with a new stock one? Car is lightly modded and is a daily driver, doesn't see the track and won't for a few years probably.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might try the McLeod single disc. Not too bad on the pocket book and still handles over what is stock. DIY probably around $350 for parts. A shop... 250-500 for labor.... ish.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patriot1136
I'll keep this to the point. I need a new clutch. How much would the install be (ballpark)? Is it worth it to upgrade the clutch or should I stick with a new stock one? Car is lightly modded and is a daily driver, doesn't see the track and won't for a few years probably.
You could go with something full-faced with less holding power than the more extreme, puck-style clutches since you won't need it at that power level. I had a Spec 2 that drove great and held my ~400rwhp without issue. Pulled it out for other reasons after maybe 4,000 miles and it looked brand new (and I didn't go easy on it either). You definitely wouldn't have clamping power issues with something like this and they're pretty cheap.

Or you could just go with an LS7 clutch kit.

Quick Reply: stupid clutch questions