Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Noise when releasing the clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise when releasing the clutch pedal

,, sounds like a vrrp noise (i think its the TO Bearing) and only happens when shifting and i let up on the clutch after the shift,, vrrp,, then its gone.... do i just need to bleed it better? I have bled it before and it went away for a bit, but comes back,, probably because when i bleed the damn thing,, i hardley get any fluid to come out, so im probably not doing it right.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
,, sounds like a vrrp noise (i think its the TO Bearing) and only happens when shifting and i let up on the clutch after the shift,, vrrp,, then its gone.... do i just need to bleed it better? I have bled it before and it went away for a bit, but comes back,, probably because when i bleed the damn thing,, i hardley get any fluid to come out, so im probably not doing it right.

Well, really not sure what "vrrp" sounds like, so...

clutch chatter? TOB going away? Not sure what bleeding will solve on the noise though....Is it coming from teh pedal area, or from tranny?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

tranny,,, and it does sound like chatter. (Spec 3, so i do have some here and there when the weather is cold,, but this is different)
When i shift from any gear to any gear with some nice acceleration, goin into the next gear will make that "vrrrp, or chatter" sound. It only does it when i let up off the clutch after shifting to the next gear. When i bled before,, it went away for a bit, its like the TO didnt have enough "umphf" to do its thing until we bled it. Im going to try your bleeding tips you gave me on the other thread and see what happens. When i bled, we pumped, hardley any fluid came out, res was always full (fluid moved down as we did it, but never let it go dry)so im thinking i did a crappy bleed job. We'll see what happens.

Thanx for taking the time to help

Wayne
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

,,, and vrrrp sounds like "burp", but with a "V"
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

I love this site,,, with a proper bleed the noise has gone away (for now, if it comes back its most likely my slave / TO being shot due to ME not bleeding problery... cause im a dumb ***)..the Spec 3 clutch although up there in miles,, still works as it should, and very well to boot.

here are the steps i used and the lessons i learned...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ck-clutch.html

Quick Reply: Noise when releasing the clutch pedal