Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can you hear your clutch engage?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you hear your clutch engage?

I'm still getting no love on my clutch engageing to let me into gear while the car is on. If I have bled properly. I can't hear squat going on under the car when I mash the clutch down. Shouldn't I be able to hear the clutch engage with the car off?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Launching!

u wont hear it engage if car is off now if on u should hear it engage have u checked our throw out bearing??
Old 11-07-2009, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Yeah. I've replaced the slave (came with a new to bearing), I've replaced the clutch disc (it had some broken springs), I've replaced the pilot bearing, and now I've replaced the MC with the tick. I'm going to take it into a shop next week and have them bleed it. I've tried and tried and am at the end of my rope. I can get it into gear now, but the tick is adjusted WAY out and it still feels rather notchy.....
Old 11-08-2009, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

You have a Speed Bleeder? Them things work very well..
Old 11-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Launching!

How did you bleed the sys? Did you make sure that you put the disk in the right way? If it is not letting you into the gear or out of the gear, try and turn off the car and try it again. If it works and you have not done anything to the trans that would change it then its the clutch hydrolics not working right. The tick works and as long as you didnt have the slave hang up on itself. The bearing has a bump on the inside of it that can get caught on the shaft of the slave and make it so it will not go in or out. If its that you have to pull the trans off of the bell and take the slave off and un hook the bearing from the slave shaft. If the slave keeps doing it then get a new bearing for the slave, there about 50/60 bone.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_merv
You have a Speed Bleeder? Them things work very well..
No I don't. I'm actually debating on taking it to a shop today just to have them bleed it. Having replaced the slave, the master, and the clutch disc, and the pilot bearing... not a whole lot left!

Quick Reply: Can you hear your clutch engage?