Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quick Troublshoot please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Troublshoot please...

I have a 2000 Z28, stock tranny with upgraded stock slave and master. Spec stage 3 clutch. I was driving thru a parking lot and went over a 12 inch speed bump roughly 4 inches high. Immediatly, I feel my clutch failing to fully engage and hear the deep moaning you would here if you were holding the brake and slowly releasing the clutch. Now my engage/disengage point has shift closer to the top of the clutch range and has been reduced roughly to a 1 inch or less margin....almost like im popping the clutch.....what could that speed bump have to jarred to cause temporary slippage initially following with the above engagement changes? Thank in advance for any help .
Old 02-21-2010, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any reason why it was slippn...I cant think of nuthn. Could the slave have slippd out of sync? I can shift out of and into gear fairly easy without using the clutch around 3000 rpm. But it shifts hard and catchs good when I'm drivn with the clutch like it's fully engaged...anything? I dont wanna burn the clutch if its not fully disengaging.

Last edited by Jayh; 02-21-2010 at 02:30 AM.