Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

1994 Camaro V-6 5 speed to LQ4 M6 Tranny cross question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1994 Camaro V-6 5 speed to LQ4 M6 Tranny cross question

As the title states i'm swapping a 6.0 LQ4 with a 2000 Camaro T-56 into my 1994 Camaro 3.4 5 speed.

I have the engine installed and the transmission bolted up however the stock 94 3.4 5 speed Transmission cross member doesn't bolt up any longer. It's off by about 2" towards the back of the vehicle.

The transmission came with a M6 cross member which also does not fit.

Does anyone know what cross member I need to make this sucker bolt up? Or where I can get one that will do the trick? Any useful input is always appreciated. Thank You in advance.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Get the LT1 T56 Crossmember..it will work for you.

From the sounds of it the Tranny more than likely came with the LS1 T56 Crossmember.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

Yes the tranny came with the ls1 crossmember. Your answer was my guess but I wanted to be sure before I went ahead and bought one. Do you know who makes one aftermarket? Some reason i'm having difficulties finding one.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

UMI Performance makes a bad-*** one..I used it with mine.

I got an Adjustable T/A with the Relocation Crossmember..

It works really well and lines up perfectly when you are using the LS1 K-member.

How is your swap coming along?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DreamKA
As the title states i'm swapping a 6.0 LQ4 with a 2000 Camaro T-56 into my 1994 Camaro 3.4 5 speed.

I have the engine installed and the transmission bolted up however the stock 94 3.4 5 speed Transmission cross member doesn't bolt up any longer. It's off by about 2" towards the back of the vehicle.

The transmission came with a M6 cross member which also does not fit.

Does anyone know what cross member I need to make this sucker bolt up? Or where I can get one that will do the trick? Any useful input is always appreciated. Thank You in advance.
You will need a cross member for the LT1 vehicle reason being the LT1 and LS1 floor pans are not the same.

We do offer a torque arm relocation bracket that would work great for your application especially being you already have the stock components removed.

There are many benefits to running a relocation bracket-
  • Takes the load from the torque arm and removes it from the tail shaft of the transmission removing the chance of damage to the transmission.
  • Our relocation bracket has multiple mounting positions for the torque arm which will allow you to fine tune the suspension to match your needs.
  • Our relocation bracket is compatible with all after market torque arms as well as your factory stamped steel torque arm.
The listings for our relocation brackets can be found HERE

Quick Reply: 1994 Camaro V-6 5 speed to LQ4 M6 Tranny cross question