Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trouble getting through reverse gate

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trouble getting through reverse gate

If this is somewhere in the stickies I am damn blind!

Did a head swap yesterday and when pulling out of the shop I couldn't get the car over into Reverse initially. To get it in I would have to slam it through the lockout gate and than move it up and had no problems. Thought it was a fluke but had the same issues a few hours later when leaving the house and later that night when trying again after getting home.

Is there something up by the head that could have not been plugged in that sends a signal to the lockout to open it up when its ok? I took a peek under the car because we removed the driver side header for clearance issues with the bolts and the only thing that was unplugged was the O2 sensor. Is there something I could have bumped or I might not be seeing?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is hard to go into reverse or sometimes wont go at all cause my clutch is not completely disengaging, since you were not having trouble's with it before i would not think it was this though but would not hurt to check it out.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing this back to see if any result. Having a similar issue. Did a cam swap and never touched anything near the transmission and now it is very difficult to get in reverse. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i melted my drivers side front O2 extensions to my long tubes and it blew the fuse. it is the only 20 amp fuse in the box. i fixed the wires and it was fine