Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Sorry if I have offended you. But saying "The LS7 sucks..." isn't helpful at all. It's like saying "Pacesetter's suck" or "Flowmaster sucks"....it's nice to hear a reason behind it. I can't see your experience with clutches by looking at your post, and just saying something sucks without any explanation makes you look like an ***.

Now that you've actually explained it, I understand what you're saying. If you're even close to reaching the torque rating (sorry, I guess I didn't understand what they rated clutches off of) you're better off getting something better. Even the LS7 clutch on the Z06 would no doubt fail if it was put through 6500 rpm dumps and was shifted past 7000 rpm over time....but for most users I think the LS7 is fine, and has been used with zero problems by many on this forum. If you're doing a lot of racing, are putting out a lot of power, or are going to seriously stress your setup, I can see that the Monster would be your best bet.

Not everybody does 6500 rpm clutch dumps, shifts past 7000 rpm, and is putting out 439 rwhp however....and I think it's for those people that aren't that saving a few hundred dollars on the LS7 makes sense

There are tons of people who have torn apart ls7 clutches, I think their place is on a bolt on car and not much more. The op puts down over 400 rwhp, that is why I responded to HIM. For HIS setup the ls7 is not ideal. So I don't really think I came off as an ***