Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001z
? Im not sure who your directing this to. I dont have a problem with the clutch sticking or engagement issues so that test really wont help me none since both seem to work fine until it hits like 3rd gear or so. From my understanding once your clutch starts slipping and if you keep driving on it your clutch is pretty much screwed and glazed over enless you felt it and then parked it. Since mine is old im just gonna do a new clutch and get the slave that comes with there premimum package and just sell the new acdelco slave that i just put in. Not really what i want to do right now but i dont have time to play with all this and keep dropping the trans .
i know what you mean, i have had the trans out of my car twice now, and i dont feel like doing it again.

a slipping clutch wont really do much harm if it is slipping like yours and mine is, since it only slips if you give it gas, and not when you drive it easy. what really messes them up is when it is worn, and slips during normal driving.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slvr98camaro
i know what you mean, i have had the trans out of my car twice now, and i dont feel like doing it again.

a slipping clutch wont really do much harm if it is slipping like yours and mine is, since it only slips if you give it gas, and not when you drive it easy. what really messes them up is when it is worn, and slips during normal driving.
I never said i was driving mine easy lol. mine was slipping during normal driving. Talked to a few sponsors on here(spec,monster,tick) and both told me once it starts slipping pretty good you pretty much glazed the clutch.

Quick Reply: clutch issue?