Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Twin disc questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McLeod Twin disc questions

Hey guys, i'm new to ls1tech, i have a 1995 z28, i'm lookin at getting a different clutch for it. right now it has the RAM powergrip HD in it and it's pretty annoying to drive in traffic with how harsh the engaugment is and now it has started to slip, so it's time for something different. i know a lot of guys run the RST and RSX clutches in their f bodies, and i was wondering if some of you guys running them can tell me about them. my car is pretty well built and should put beween 375 and 400 to the rear wheels, it has 3:73 rear end in it with torsen posi and i spin it to a max of 6800rpm. (just a few things i figured may matter in clutch selection) i do drive the car pretty regulary when its nice, so i want something that isn't going to kill my leg in a little traffic but i also dont want to have to put another clutch in it for a LONG time. I am more then willing to saccrifice a little driveability and comfort for some strength and reliability. what are opinions on RST and RXT twin discs? wut other things are necessary to complete the install? what other extras would you recommend doing at the same time? also where do you find the best prices on the McLeod RST and RSX clutches? let me know what all you think. thanks
Old 05-14-2010, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are still running the factory "Pull Style" linkage we do not offer a RST/RXT twin with that setup. How ever we do offer the "original" street twin
for your factory pull style linkage. Give me a call for details.