Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Intermittantly not going into gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermittantly not going into gear

Car wouldn't go into gear the other day leaving work, left if for a while and went back and it went into gear fine. I didn't sweat cause i had a new Tick MC waiting in the garage and i figured the master was just going out.

So I install the Tick and it goes in great and I was able to shift like never before. I go visit a friend for a couple hours, come home, 20 minutes each way. Stop at the liquor store, go to start it, and it wont go into gear again

Tried bleeding it some more, no good, bled through a can of brake fluid. Eventually it goes into gear, i take it around the block drives great. Turn it off, 5 minutes later and it won't go into gear again.

Clutch and slave are a few years old. Clutch feels great and has good pressure.

Ideas??
Old 05-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Teching In

i just had the same thing happen,.
it was my pressure plate.
it was intermittant, would not go into gear one moment, ok the next.

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Car wouldn't go into gear the other day leaving work, left if for a while and went back and it went into gear fine. I didn't sweat cause i had a new Tick MC waiting in the garage and i figured the master was just going out.

So I install the Tick and it goes in great and I was able to shift like never before. I go visit a friend for a couple hours, come home, 20 minutes each way. Stop at the liquor store, go to start it, and it wont go into gear again

Tried bleeding it some more, no good, bled through a can of brake fluid. Eventually it goes into gear, i take it around the block drives great. Turn it off, 5 minutes later and it won't go into gear again.

Clutch and slave are a few years old. Clutch feels great and has good pressure.

Ideas??
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Thats weird that a pressure plate would cause intermittent problems. what was the problem with your pressure plate