Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which slave?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which slave?

Well guys looks like I'm gonna be dropping the tranny in a few days to replace my slave due to a sticky pedal. Previous owner said car had a stock replacement clutch with only liek 10k miles so I'm guessing its ok and I'll make sure to check while I'm in there my question is which kind of slave to go with? Stock replacement from gm or maybe like a ram or are there any other options? Which would be best to solve this problem with my pedal sticking at wot?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Location: Just because the voices aren't real, doesn't mean they're not right!

LS7/Tick combo.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to say either the GM or the Ram. I run the Ram M/C in mine and its been in for roughly 5yrs without any issues. I've beat on it pretty good also with countless 6k clutch dumps and probably 15k miles on it so far and I havent had any issues. Will go with it again when its time to replace the clutch. Don't know how much I have left on the Spec 3 but 15k miles and it still grabs like a champ so we'll see.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Well I got the RAM m/c in it but just wondering about the slave ram or gm or advance auto slave are they all the same or which one is better?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

I work at Advance and the slave we sell is an improved design over any of tghe competition Ive seen. Usually its not the slave that goes out its the throwout bearing. look at the difference. the one to the left is ours and only that top thin part spins wheras the one to the right factory style the entire cap spins.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 AM
DJB
12 Second club

I had that black slave and it sucks for a f-body because of that new connector. That clip has to come off to remove to line. With the limited space around it from the trans and bellhousing makes it almost impossible to put that clip back on if the line is removed. Also the one I had didn't push down as far as my old one which meant you run the risk of the clutch not fully engaging. You have them both there, push them down and see. Also the black oone is made in China. I ended up taking that back and getting one like the old style.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man I didnt pay attention to what I wrote. I meant that I have the Ram slave.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by faster_n_you98
I work at Advance and the slave we sell is an improved design over any of tghe competition Ive seen. Usually its not the slave that goes out its the throwout bearing. look at the difference. the one to the left is ours and only that top thin part spins wheras the one to the right factory style the entire cap spins.
if the one you are selling is the bendix unit, it is junk. i just replaced my second a couple months ago under warranty. i got tired of wasting my time so i put a gm back in and haven't had any issues.

Quick Reply: Which slave?