Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

6 speed noob !

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking 6 speed noob !

Im getting camaro again, this time im going with 6 speed. I been drive 5 speed my whole life. But never 6 speed. I see camaro 6 speed diagram, the revert is next to fifth gear.

Do I ever going to hit revert when try to go fifth gear ? that is my only concern hahaha.

and if im back out the car from drive way, all i have to do is shift it all the way to the right and up right ? im I have any chance of going to fifth when I try to go revert ?

forgive me for being noob on m6 . Thank you !
Old 06-06-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shouldnt be able to, it should have a reverse lock out on it when you are moving.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was worried about hitting R when shifting into 5th when I first got the car too, but there's a lockout so you can't. Reverse is pretty far over, so even if there wasn't it'd be pretty hard to do.

When you go to shift into R, it's pretty unlikely you'll go into 5th. You get the feel of it very quick, and you'll notice a difference between shifting into 5th or into R. And even if you did, you'll probably just stall out in fifth anyways.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport346
I was worried about hitting R when shifting into 5th when I first got the car too, but there's a lockout so you can't. Reverse is pretty far over, so even if there wasn't it'd be pretty hard to do.

When you go to shift into R, it's pretty unlikely you'll go into 5th. You get the feel of it very quick, and you'll notice a difference between shifting into 5th or into R. And even if you did, you'll probably just stall out in fifth anyways.
That make sence haha

Quick Reply: 6 speed noob !