Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch not releasing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch not releasing...

Ok I just recently got my tranny rebuilt. And after SEVERAL problems I still have one. The clutch will not completely release. It is a Spec Stage2 and a Spec flywheel. Just recently got the car from a member on this forum about 2 months ago. And he attempted to do things himself. And I can assure you he had NO IDEA what he was doing. The flywheel was in crooked and not properly torqued. The slave cylinder was only held in by 1 bolt and only half-way tightened at that. And I know he did this work because he told me he did. But anyways when the car is not running it goes in gear just fine. But with the car running it will NOT go into gear at all. I put it in gear when the car was off...then I cranked the car...with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor...and no gas at all...the car moved like it wanted to take off normally. I have heard that the Spec cluthches need shims or something like that to operate properly. But I don't know. I properly secured the slave clylinder. The flywheel was resurfaced taken down 10 thousandths to remove "hot spots". The clutch master cylinder is NEW...I thought that may fix the problem...it DIDNT!!! The clutch,flywheel,slave cylinder all have less that 10k miles on them. Just needing some help really bad. I don't know what else to do...Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Did you measure for proper slave setup?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

No...measure what? What is the proper measurement? I need more details Please
Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

There are a bunch of threads that are recent on this. Within the the first few pages at least. You can also search for stuff too. Basically you measure the difference between the clutch and bell housing and the slave and transmission to make sure you have full engagement/disengagement without going to far one way or the other.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Launching!

There is a sticky about this subject at the top of the manual transmission section. It was posted by Joey at Tick. I think its titled does your clutch setup need a shim.

Quick Reply: clutch not releasing...