Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I cant get my slave cylinder to properly bleed

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I cant get my slave cylinder to properly bleed

I was having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd gear at higher rpms, so i tried the drill mod I removed the master cylinder and hydraulic line that goes into the slave cylinder after i put everything back together I could not get the slave cylinder to bleed right I had someone up in the car pushing the clutch pedal and I was underneath with the quarter inch breaker bar and the 7/16 socket the clutch pedal just goes to the floor and is not stiff or firm at all. I haven't tried using a mighty vac yet is there another way or something i could be doing wrong?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried for about an hour with no luck. Then I squeezed the rubber line that goes from the master to the reservoir 2 or 3 times with my fingers and it burped up a bunch of air. Got back in the car and with the second pump I got a pedal. Bled it for a while the conventional way until we thought it was good, then came across a mightyvac and it pulled up a bunch more air sooo you're best off just doing that anyway
Old 07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, get the Mity Vac and get er done - plus bleeding the clutch will be snap going forward.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya my buddy just told me a little while ago he was having the exact same problem im having im gonna borrow the mighty vac and give it a shot tomorrow

Quick Reply: I cant get my slave cylinder to properly bleed