Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal wont release at wot? T56 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal wont release at wot? T56 LS1

HI!
Got this very strange problem on my RX7 with LS1. When i clutch kick at full throttle (redline = 6000RPM) the pedal doesnt release. It stays pushed in!
If i let of the throttle the pedal pops out. This happens both in gear and in N.
I attached a spring on the pedal to force it back out and it helped, some.. The problem still exist!
I got a 1" bore willwood master pump and a Flywheel/clutch / slave stage 5 from monster clutches.
Does anyone have an ide?

Thanks in advance!

Sindre
Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

The most likely cause of a pedal that sticks in this manner is a problem with fluid transfer. Have you checked the fluid in the reservoir? Is it dark or discolored in any way? If so, then you may be aerating the fluid as a result of the increased temps associated with your usage type. You can try flushing and refilling the fluid (using a higher BP fluid) and see how that works. Give it a try and let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
The most likely cause of a pedal that sticks in this manner is a problem with fluid transfer. Have you checked the fluid in the reservoir? Is it dark or discolored in any way? If so, then you may be aerating the fluid as a result of the increased temps associated with your usage type. You can try flushing and refilling the fluid (using a higher BP fluid) and see how that works. Give it a try and let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,

I have the same issue on my ls1 rx7. anything below redline will shift just fine. but if i kick the clutch in at high RPM its just stuck to the floor. i've bled and bled and bled and rebled and put ATE superblue. no luck
Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

I replaced the clutch,pressure plate, TO bearing, slave cylinder, master cylinder and did the drill mod. No more sticking. lol
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

X, it is a same that you had to replace everything to actually solve the issue. But, I am glad that you slved the problem.

Rex, at 6000RPM centrugal forces should not impact function unless the clutch is sitting over-center. This could result from an overly thick disc, but if this were the cause the clutch would have release issues. It could also result from the bearing keeping pressure on the diaphragm fingers (which would ultimate lead to slippage) forcing them to beyond the break-over point. Have you noticed any slippage or other issue.

To be honest, this is eerily similar to what folks used to experience with the pre-01 hydraulics on these cars. Especially the issue of pedal return after a shift. But with the new system in place my concern would be relative to the plate.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replies Spec! The fluid is not brown or anything and i bled and bled it many times. Havnt really changed the fluid type but i use new, ofcourse..

I doesnt have any type of slippage issuues even though i`ve ran sticky tires!
I havnt noticed this issue before last time i was out playing but i dont know if its because ive never ran it so hard before or if it appeared last time.
The TO bearing is from Monster and should be okey?

One problem that appeared before this.. almost right after i started using the car was that it doest disengage 100%.. If im standing still in Neutral and push it in 1. or 2. i can feel the car moving just a little bit. Its also impossible to get it in gear when quick shifts during drifting but thats rare.

I feel that when it works its flawless.. But i get issues like i mentioned too often. Now the pedal sticks all the time and it does move slightly when i push it in 1.

I got stainless hose from master to slave and a ss-hose remote bleed but everything is routed away from exhaust and/or wrapped..
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 AM
FormerVendor

Well, Give this a try. Start the car, put it in first and leave your foot on the clutch. I want you to see if the car begins to pull forward, bog, or stall if you maintain pressure on the pedal for a while (60 seconds or so). If so then you are seeing bleed-by which effectively allows the clutch to engage despite have your foot on the clutch. Also, you can try adding throttle when doing this as well to see if the car creeps (though you indicate that it already does when selecting 1st) this will test whether the clutch is fully releasing or not. You could also give Monster a call for assistance too.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Teching In

do you have found the problem? i am in the same situation
Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

I am having the same prob with an old clutch and pp. Feels like the centrifugal force on the fingers on the pp is keeping them forced out or engaged in the disengaged position if this makes any sense i thought it was just a weak pp in my case makes me wounder if it could be a master slave prob cause it is the older set up on a 98 ta.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

I have the same issue on my 00 WS6, when I romp on it, the pedal doesn't come back up unless i help it. I have only had the car 3 days so i haven't really done anything to remedy it yet besides searching forums for a definite fix. I read someone saying there is a hydraulic issue with pre 01 cars... can someone elaborate?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

I am probably going to get flamed for this, but wouldn't the drill mod fix this issue?

TJR
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Teching In

im kinda having the problem except im stock clutch. as soon as i get it up there in rpm's the pedal just goes to the ground not all the way but i can't shift like i should be able to. anyone think its a bad master cylinder?
Old 01-07-2012, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, you need to get the hydraulics correct. If the clutch isn't releasing then your problem is clear. If you have further questions give us a call.

If any of you guys have questions like this give us a call, even if it's not a Monster we'll get you taken care of.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

Rex, where are you on this now?

As mentioned in my earlier post what you all are most probably seeing is an issue with the hydraulics. This is where I would start with sorting the problem.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal wont release at wot? T56 LS1