Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

monster clutch ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on when the parts were purchased. We have built both 11" and 12" assemblies, and knowing the date the parts were bought and where they were bought will be a big assest. Let me know if you have this info or give me a call and I am sure we can find the details in the system. We offer both a billet steel and billet aluminum flywheel. The flywheel will accept both an 11" and 12" disc. Just let me know if I may be of any further assistance. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

thanks, I know the clutch was purchased approximately 3-4years ago, and its not aluminum...so would it accept a 12" disk still, and its definately billet cause its not rusted ot anything

BTW, i never intended for this thread to cause any conflicts lol...I just have a spec clutch right now which was in 3 other cars before and I am completely satisfied with all of specs products that I have used through the years, as well as monsters clutch which i got from a friend who nly replaced it cause supposedly it grabs to hard and caused his torque tube to break on his vette and he purchased a mcleoid twin disk for a softer engagement..

but kudoos to them both for being badass clutches, im just tapped out from my build and tryin to work with what i got

thanks for all the replies
Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

If it is 3-4 years old you would have an 11" clutch but the flywheel will accept both the 11" and 12" assembly. The pressure-plates for these have the same footprint, which allows the use of both. I understand your situation and I didn't take anything about your post as negative. There were questions presented, relative to materials, and I felt that I could share some info that would help in the general understanding of this topic.

If you decide that you need something give me a call and I will be happy to work with you. I have been in situations where money was the limiting factor and will do all that I can to help you out. Just keep me posted! Thanks,
Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

thanks for all the help, so i guess ill try and have the flywheel resurfaced and go with that

Quick Reply: monster clutch ?