Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

looking for some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default looking for some help

I just put a new stage 2 tranny, spec clutch, master cylinder, throwout bearing, slave cylinder, and the rest of the hydraulic parts in my car. Its a 99 T/A. Now when i shift into revers (running) you have to force it into gear, when the motor is off but the key is on it shifts fine into reverse. The problem some times happens with 1st as well. I am about 250 mi into break in, but i dont want to screw anything up. So what else should i check into?? I have bleed, re-bleed, and re-bleed the hydraulics. I put about 2 quarts of fluid through the system. I also put the shim behind the slave cylinder (spec included with the clutch kit), i have read that some people take the spring off the slave cylinder but i kept mine on there. Any help would be great especially after blowing all this cash on a new drive train.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check for clutch drag, and if there's none, just be patient and wait for the break-in period and change the fluid...
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh i also have a new flywheel too. How do i check for clutch drag on this setup? Also what can i do to adjust the engagement point for the pedal, besides buy an adjustable master cylinder.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put the car in first gear, with the pedal depressed, then rev the motor. Does the car creep forward or not? How are you bleeding the system? Have you used a Mighty-Vac? Let me know and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks,
Old 08-18-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So i just went out front and tried 1st gear. When i press in the clutch and rev it above 4, it barely creeps 2 inches then stops. I have bleed the crap out of the hydraulics too. The guy who did the trans says the clutch isnt going in far enough to release the trans from the motor, is this true? What can i do to fix this without having to blow a bunch more cash, because my funding for this project is spent...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

Have you used a Mighty-Vac to bleed the system? If not, from experience, I have seen people bleed these systems with more "traditional" methods and not get all the air out. I suggest giving it a shot. Let me know if you see a change when doing this. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

alright so i put in an adjustable master cylinder and rebleed the system, seems to be good now. it goes into all gears fine and no more rolling at high revs in 1st gear with the clutch in.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Good deal! Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks,