Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Performance master cylinder finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Performance master cylinder finally installed

I got in on the group purchase earlier this month, and I received my master last week. I had planned on doing it myself, but since college started back I have not had much time with that and work. Also I heard from some friends that it was a huge pain in the ***. So I just decided to get my local fbody shop (RPM in Garner, NC) to do it for me.

Had to wait a week to get an appointment where they were free and I didn't have work or anything, but yesterday it finally got put in. Before I had problems shifting into 1st and reverse from a stop, and shifting at redline was possible but hard and not quick at all. Now, I'm able to slip it into 1st no problem at any time. However, reverse is still kind of a pain to get in. Not as much as before, but it will not go in on the first try or sometimes the second. Also, when I put it in first last night and started to go forward it slipped out of gear and made like a huge banging noise. It felt like it didn't really go into gear as far as it should have. Not sure what is causing this, it has happened maybe twice before. Sometimes in 5th gear it feels as if it doesn't go all the way in, and then I have to keep pushing and wiggle to get it in further but has never slipped out like 1st has.

But as far as WOT red line shifts...omg so great. No hesitation or resistance at all, it slams into gear as fast as I can move the shifter. I actually feel good about how fast I can shift now, I've only been driving stick for three years (since I first got this car) and it finally feels like my driving skills reflect it. I hope to make a video for that tick performance shifting thread soon.

One more thing. Before the tick, my pedal used to squeak slightly when I pushed it in when the car was off. Not very loud, but noticeable. Now though, the squeaking noise is a lot louder. I can't hear it when the car is on but when it's off it's pretty bad. Is that normal or is something wrong? Maybe a spring that needs to be lubricated?

Anyways, thanks to Tick Performance for making a great product and getting us a deal on that GP. Also thanks to the guys at RPM for the install. Got some bad *** cars in there.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on, anyone? I want to know if the squeaking is normal
Old 08-26-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

did you grease the rod end? mine creaked like crazy until I greased it. it's a metal on metal rod end so obviously it's going to make noise without lubrication
Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 no squeak with grease.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance master cylinder finally installed