Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster stage 3 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Glad I found this thread. Ill be needing a new clutch soon and been checking into monster stage 3s.

Its a shame they dont answer my 3 calls over 2 days.
Im sure they are busy as hell! They have great service. They have been busting their asses on their highly anticipated twin discs cltuches!!! Which should be out in full swing 1-2months. Any question you have for them will be answered in the upmost professional way.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SStheBest
I would go stage 3. I was in your shoes as well. Infact i still havent made it to the track yet but plan on it in the future. Thats what you should be lookin at. If you plan to mod the car more, or even decide to track a lil more often, go with the comfort zone knowing you spent a lil extra money on the stage 3. That way you know you can sleep at nite not worrying about being too hard on the stage 2. After its breakin, the pedal damn near feels stock! Its amazing!

mmm i disagree just lil bit. I have the chromemoly in mine as well. I slip the cluctch just fine.
You aren't supposed to slip the clutch with the lighter flywheel. It causes hot spots and will wear out alot quicker. My first one wore down in a year from slipping it.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Launching!

i have moster stage 4 + flywheel in my cammed LS1 .. so fun to drive and i don't have any chatter at all ..
Old 09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryanmgaspard
You aren't supposed to slip the clutch with the lighter flywheel. It causes hot spots and will wear out alot quicker. My first one wore down in a year from slipping it.
Im not trackin the car....that would completely negate the fact i just stated that IF you are or plan to do so, the heavier fly wheel is the better choice. I DD my ZO6 and lol unless i was doin 4k+ clutch dumps at every stop light, ill be fine
Old 09-09-2010, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WSsick
Glad I found this thread. Ill be needing a new clutch soon and been checking into monster stage 3s.

Its a shame they dont answer my 3 calls over 2 days.
Sorry about not being in the office to answer your calls. We are in the middle of moving to a larger shop this week, so unfortunately I can't be in the office at all times. The best way to reach me this week and the beginning of next would be via PM or email.

Matt
Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@SNLPerformance
Sorry about not being in the office to answer your calls. We are in the middle of moving to a larger shop this week, so unfortunately I can't be in the office at all times. The best way to reach me this week and the beginning of next would be via PM or email.

Matt
Dont sweat it, I am not a paying customer yet, so a few missed calls wont cancel my future plans for business with you guys. Just a little annoyance, but under your circumstances, I completely understand.

PM coming your way.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Banned

Love my Stage III here, holds my power with ease even with stock hydros and no drill mod. I'm considering a Tick MC though.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:41 AM
12 Second Club

I have the lightweight it seems to drop revs faster than stock so if ur driving easy you have to shift a bit faster.

Quick Reply: Monster stage 3 clutch