Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Leaking at clutch quick connect

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Leaking at clutch quick connect

I installed a Tick master cylinder in my C5. It wouldn't hold a blead and then I found out it's leaking at the quick connect. I disconnected it, made sure it was clean and reconnected it several times. Still leaking. Tick sent me another line which I installed this morning. It's still leaking. My car is a 98 C5 and has had the slave replaced a while ago when the clutch was done. The original never leaked. Something odd here.

Anybody else have this issue?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your slave is bad. O-ring on the line look okay? Which slave did you buy?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greekey
Sounds like your slave is bad. O-ring on the line look okay? Which slave did you buy?
It's a stock slave and the o-ring is fine. The center piece on the female end of the quick connect is sitting flush. It looks like it is supposed to protrude to fit into the center of the male end. Mine is flush. I'm going to put some pressure through the remote bleeder and see if it comes out.

EDIT: After playing with it the steel center piece is static. It's the out plastic ring that moves and is spring loaded. It's fine. Guess it is the slave - DAMN!

Last edited by WKMCD; 09-25-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Leaking at clutch quick connect