Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Frustrated with snl/monster clutch co.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated with snl/monster clutch co.

This is not a sponser bashing just my experience with them and me venting why I'm so frustrated. I ordered my clutch a month ago (September 9th) and was told it would ship within 72 hours and I would receive an email with tracking number when it did. So I patiently waited a week and a half and nothing no email or clutch. I call them on a monday and they say their cnc machine is broke so they could not make any flywheels but should be fixed and my clutch should ship by that next Tuesday. So I patiently wait again and till next Tuesday and call and guess what the machine is still broke but they are going to get a local machine shop to make some for them and they would have them towards the end of the week and they would ship it then. So I wait till the next monday and call I get put on hold for a few and they come back and say their computer is down and they would call when they found something out. Well never heard back that day and I had to call the next day (today) and it still has not shipped and I get told by the end of the week it should ship, but at this point I have no faith that will happen. Anyway thats the end of my rant just super frustrated cause I have been with out my car for a month already and it still has not shipped and my 630.00 dollars with nothing to show for it yet.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry to hear about your frustration. From a manufacturing stand ponit I understand how unplanned events do happened from time to time. If you so decide to turn to another clutch company you may want to consider our RST twin disc unit P/N 6912-07 this clutch will hold up to 800hp with the pedal pressure of a toyota. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Iam sure once you do receive your clutch you wont be dissapointed at all. I ordered mine last year around the holidays when they were very busy, it did take a little while to ship but I will tell ya what it was worth the wait. Good luck
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Not that it excuses the issue, but I can shed a little light on this for you. SNL/ Monster clutches just moved/ is in the process of moving to a new, much larger shop. They have been having some phone/ computer issues at the new shop - hell somehow they are missing a whole computer in the move. Also, their flywheel manufacturer - Geforce Engineering (here in Wichita) just moved to a new, larger shop. They also were in the process of having some new CNC machines installed.

Again, this does not excuse them for not getting back with you or getting you your clutch kit, but it might help you to see their side of the story. You will be happy with the new clutch when you get it, and they typically offer excellant customer service. They just needed more room to be able to take care of their customers better, and you caught them in the middle of it all.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

As said above, If you choose to cancel the order, hit up Jason at Texas Drive Train Performance.
He is a sponsor here:
Texas Drivetrain Performance
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Email: txdrivetrain@hotmail.com
Phone: 817-300-6840
Shop Website: http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/t56.html T56 rebuilds starting at $540!
Clutch Website: www.diamondclutch.com Clutch kits starting at $369!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
As said above, If you choose to cancel the order, hit up Jason at Texas Drive Train Performance.
He is a sponsor here:
Texas Drivetrain Performance
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Email: txdrivetrain@hotmail.com
Phone: 817-300-6840
Shop Website: http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/t56.html T56 rebuilds starting at $540!
Clutch Website: www.diamondclutch.com Clutch kits starting at $369!
++1 Jason clutch are awesome
Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01SS99red
++1 Jason clutch are awesome
Same clutch (IN MY OPINION) just red colored and cheaper
Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Iam sure once you do receive your clutch you wont be dissapointed at all. I ordered mine last year around the holidays when they were very busy, it did take a little while to ship but I will tell ya what it was worth the wait. Good luck
This is actually my second monster clutch I loved the first one but got rid of the car and I am m6 swapping my new car and had to get another one. Its just frustrating to be waiting so long I understand stuff happens but I keep getting told it will ship and getting my hopes up and nothing. Like I said I'm not trying to say anything bad about anyone just super frustrated and ready to get my clutch.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 AM
FormerVendor

I too would be more than happy to assist you. Of course, any company can have hold-ups that slow things down. Though I suppose that it is all about how you deal with this when it happens that makes the difference to the end user.

Let me know a bit more about the application and your torque output and planned usage type if you decide that you need anything! Thanks,
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I apologize about the delays. As you can imagine things have been hectic around here with a cnc machine going down and delaying all orders. It's something that we are working on daily and are expediting as much as possible.

Matt sent you a pm, get with him and we'll make sure to overnight your clutch at our cost as soon as we get the flywheels here.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down Pissed off as well!!!

I placed my order on August 23rd with Joey at Tick Performance (The TickShift & Monster Clutch Package Deal w/ 18lbs flywheel - $1100 spent). I received the Tick MC and the remote speed bleeder within a few days, but no Monster clutch kit yet. My car has been down and I have missed the entire 2nd half of the autocorss season!! SO I am very hot right now. I keep getting empty promises from Tick and now Matt at SNL. I wish I had ordered form another company, but I hear these are great clutches and the customer service is supposed to be top notch. I understand delays happen, but 8/23/10 and still NO CLUTCH KIT!!! Come on already!!! I have a race Sunday, but if it hasn't shipped yet I can just kiss that race and the season good bye.

I was told on Friday (10/1) that they would have the flywheels on Monday (10/4). I called Tues to check and I was told that they would be in on Thursday. I will call on Friday to get the latest update.

Raceless in Chicago

Last edited by SS Brandon; 10-06-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys their machine is down, cut them some slack. Monster clutches are worth the wait. Stuff like this happens all the time. Yes it does suck, but its worth the wait.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

I know its worth the wait this is my second clutch and I loved the first and I know they are a great group of guys that sell an awesome product. I'm not mad just ready to get my clutch
Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SS Brandon
I placed my order on August 23rd with Joey at Tick Performance (The TickShift & Monster Clutch Package Deal w/ 18lbs flywheel - $1100 spent). I received the Tick MC and the remote speed bleeder within a few days, but no Monster clutch kit yet. My car has been down and I have missed the entire 2nd half of the autocorss season!! SO I am very hot right now. I keep getting empty promises from Tick and now Matt at SNL. I wish I had ordered form another company, but I hear these are great clutches and the customer service is supposed to be top notch. I understand delays happen, but 8/23/10 and still NO CLUTCH KIT!!! Come on already!!! I have a race Sunday, but if it hasn't shipped yet I can just kiss that race and the season good bye.

I was told on Friday (10/1) that they would have the flywheels on Monday (10/4). I called Tues to check and I was told that they would be in on Thursday. I will call on Friday to get the latest update.

Raceless in Chicago
I understand the frustration, there isn't one person happy that doesn't get a tracking number within 24-48 hours, let alone a couple of weeks.

I assure you we are doing everything we can to get this cleared up.

Originally Posted by srpoweredcoupeNWH
I know its worth the wait this is my second clutch and I loved the first and I know they are a great group of guys that sell an awesome product. I'm not mad just ready to get my clutch
Thanks man! You'll love it just like the first one you had, I apologize sincerely for this delay!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Greekey
Guys their machine is down, cut them some slack. Monster clutches are worth the wait. Stuff like this happens all the time. Yes it does suck, but its worth the wait.
Thanks man!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Teching In

waiting also :/ ...

my buddy is running monster in his H/C formie and loves it..

cars down and cant wait to get the damn thing in! stage 2 here
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup, i placed the order through Tick 9/20 for the master/monster package and got the M/C speedbleeder and my t-shirt next day. i got the stage 2 w/chromoly flywheel.

but its cool, i dont even have a transmission yet so im really in no hurry, haha. stuff happens, there have been much worse on this forum. monster seems like theyve got everything under control , so no worries.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS Brandon

Raceless in Chicago
Tick did their part and sent you their parts. The rest of the parts should ship directly from Monster.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

**** happens, it sounds like the company is still willing to take care of you. Sometimes things don't always go as planned. I will be ordering a Monster clutch soon, and if I somehow end up waiting like you, so be it, they will keep my order
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
FormerVendor

The cnc machines are now up and running again and cranking out flywheels as fast as we possible can

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce

Quick Reply: Frustrated with snl/monster clutch co.