Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

lost all clutch pedal while bleeding system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost all clutch pedal while bleeding system?

Just finished up installing the new monster clutch level 3, new slave cylinder and billet flywheel. I changed out all the old clutch fluid several times using the old slave cylinder and then hooked up to the new slave cylinder and started to bleed out the air that is always a pain to get out. When I finally got good pedal feel I was going to bleed the system one last time and then wholaa no clutch pedal, nothing, the pedal pretty much falls to the floor and no fluid comes out of the bleeder now at all So is this a sign that the master cylinder just went out or did I blow apart the new slave cylinder? Any help would be useful.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a similar problem I had bleeding my clutch, I could pump and pump and no fluid came out. Since I couldn't get it to bleed the convential way so I submerged my remote bleeder in brake fluid and slowly pumped the clutch pedal. It pulled fluid in and out and I continued to pump until no more bubbles were seen and the clutch worked fine after that.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

My buddy had the same problem and I got some good advice from a friend of mine in Texas... Are you doing the Brake bleed method?? Pedal down > open bleeder > close bleeder > pedal up... I call that the pressure bleed method. Now what I found that worked on my friend's car with Monster III/Tick was a FLOW BLEED method.. Open bleeder > pedal down > close bleeder > pedal up... Doesn't sound like a big difference, but it worked.

Cheap and easy first, right? Try that.. But with his, if he takes it out for a heavy rip, he will lose his clutch and we have to do it all over again.... about once a week.

Last edited by bayer-z28; 10-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies, I think it's time to go ahead and replace the master.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

a might vac works awsome for bleeding clutches. i beat my head for days and finally someone convince me on here to buy one so i stopped beaing a tight *** and bought one. havent had a problem since
Old 10-29-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you simply loosen the bleeder and suck down with the mityvac? Mine pulls down some fluid, then seems to get sucked back into the res?

Quick Reply: lost all clutch pedal while bleeding system?