Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

time for new clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default time for new clutch...

im ready to order my new cluth after pulling the old one to change my main seal and it being ughhh.. im looking at a setup from monster.. possibly the level 2. i dd the car and do some racing on the weekends. roll races and from a dig. just curious if anyone has any input on this setup. will the stage 2 suit my purpose?? anyone heard any bad things or good things?? or do you suggest something different? thank you
Old 10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

Give me a call at the shop and I can recommend a clutch for your car.

Matt
817-750-2000
Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster18
im ready to order my new cluth after pulling the old one to change my main seal and it being ughhh.. im looking at a setup from monster.. possibly the level 2. i dd the car and do some racing on the weekends. roll races and from a dig. just curious if anyone has any input on this setup. will the stage 2 suit my purpose?? anyone heard any bad things or good things?? or do you suggest something different? thank you
Hit up Jason at TDP, He has the Diamond clutches that are awesome. He can recommend you the best one for your application and make you a package deal. Here is some info, his stage 2 is probably the best if you drag on the weekends and it is rated at 600+hp and has great driveability....hell even his stage 1 is good option too. Oh, he also has a flywheel that revs up like nothing else! . Here is a link to comments on the stage 2 and stage 3.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-you-like.html
Also ask Jason what the differences are between his clutches and the other brands.

Here is his info, He is also a sponsor here. His prices will not be beaten!
Texas Drivetrain Performance
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Email: txdrivetrain@hotmail.com
Phone: 817-300-6840
Shop Website: http://www.texasdrivetrainperformance.com/t56.html T56 rebuilds starting at $540!
Clutch Website: www.diamondclutch.com Clutch kits starting at $369!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Thanks man. I have these in stock and ready to go. Just check the links in my sig. I'm offering free shipping right now. Call anytime!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

ok, so here's the deal. i have been waiting for two weeks for my monster stae 3 clutch already and still have another two weeks to go they said. my question is... im thinking about cancelling my order and just going with an ls7 clutch although i have heard alot of good things about monster. do yall think i should wait on the monster or should i get the ls7? will i be happy with the ls7?? thanks for all input as i am in the dark right now

Last edited by rooster18; 10-23-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

ok, so here's the deal. i have been waiting for two weeks for my monster stae 3 clutch already and still have another two weeks to go they said. my question is... im thinking about cancelling my order and just going with an ls7 clutch although i have heard alot of good things about monster. do yall think i should wait on the monster or should i get the ls7? will i be happy with the ls7?? thanks for all input as i am in the dark right now
I would go with the Diamond Stage 1 if you are considering the LS7. This clutch is very similar to the LS7 but has a much stronger pressure plate and is only $369 shipped. Let me know. Check my sig.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Go with monster level 3 from Tick-Performance along with their package that comes with everything you need like Tick master cylinder, GM slave cyliner, piolt bearing, alignment tool ...
Old 10-23-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your plans for the car?

are you looking into power adders or anything bigger later on? the ls7 is a good replacement clutch, but if youve already got a monster on order, it might be worth just waiting for it.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

it should be puttin down somewhere around 400 to the wheels. im just gonna cancel my order and go with the ls7 clutch because im not going to be puttin down any major power and will not be using power adders anytime soon. so it will be fine for now i think. plus it will save me some money.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

alrighty, just put my order in for my ls7 clutch from eastcoast performance. ended up canceling with snl although i will be going with them in the future because of their great customer service. just got to be too long of a down time and too much money for me right now. also im not puttin down any huge numbers yet. mike at east coast was a great help over the phone. order went smooth and should be here on thursday. ill keep yall updated.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alrighty, just put my order in for my ls7 clutch from eastcoast performance. ended up canceling with snl although i will be going with them in the future because of their great customer service. just got to be too long of a down time and too much money for me right now. also im not puttin down any huge numbers yet. mike at east coast was a great help over the phone. order went smooth and should be here on thursday. ill keep yall updated.
how much did it run ya? i ordered mine today from PartsTaxi, whole kit with flywheel ran me $455 shipped.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

the LS7 clutch is a great setup, ive been very happy with mine and i beat on it pretty good

i got mine through SDparts
Old 10-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats on going with the LS7. It's a perfect replacement clutch for a bolt on DD car. Really street friendly, but can still hold down some extra power.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

I think the McLEOD RST twin sounds like an awesome clutch.
Pedal feel of a toyota would be great in all the stop and go traffic where I live.

Quick Reply: time for new clutch...