Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ls3 + t56 + ls7 clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls3 + t56 + ls7 clutch?

ive search online, and found no answer so here it goes..

im putting a ls3 into my ls3 into my 1989 iroc-z. my questions can i get a t56 to bolt up to the ls3?

if so can i use the ls7 clutch kit?

ive heard i need a ls1 pilot bearing..

can i use the ls3 flywheel or does it nees to be a ls2?

will my mini starter still work from summit racing SUM-820320 ?

will this stater even work with a ls3?

any other suggestions/input would be greatly appericiatted
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jsacra
ive search online, and found no answer so here it goes..

im putting a ls3 into my ls3 into my 1989 iroc-z. my questions can i get a t56 to bolt up to the ls3? Shouldn't be a problem, same size mounts as LS1.

if so can i use the ls7 clutch kit? Unless the LS3 is built up a lot, the LS7 will hold up fine. I think they are rated for over 500hp.

ive heard i need a ls1 pilot bearing.. Should put in a new one when you have it apart, its a cheap part, LS1 should work fine, Correct me if Im wrong.

can i use the ls3 flywheel or does it nees to be a ls2? If the ls3 flywheel is used it would have to be reserfaced, taking away some strength, I would just get the package with the clutch and flywheel.

will my mini starter still work from summit racing SUM-820320 ? As long as it is for a LS series it should work.

will this stater even work with a ls3? ^^

any other suggestions/input would be greatly appericiatted
Could't answer all the questions but I answered what I could to the best of my knowledge.

I put a LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel in my ls1 car and I also did the Tick master swap with it. I would recommend that as well with your setup. Makes shifting a lot easier at WOT at high rpms. I have just over 400rwhp and the clutch is performing great. Its lifting my front tires on the track!

What are you looking to get out of the LS3?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Teching In

thanks alot ...any else have any advice?
what the trickmaster? right now it just a stock ls3 trying to finish the swap first then maybe later some mods, intake cam heads, ect.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

The tick master is an adjustable master cylinder. Its it the part that connects to the clutch pedal and it adjustable to how ever much pressure you want, so the clutch can disengage fully for smooth shifting. It really helps on heavier clutches because the lines are thicker. Also, when you do the swap if you don’t already have it, get the updated 01-02 slave cylinder. And the clutch alignment tool is a must also (cheap).

I'm jealous, I am dying to get an LS3 but I just dont have the cash. If you ever need help when your installing it, pm me and I will try and help ya. I just did mine earlier this year.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 413whp and have had this setup for 4 years with 47k miles and its still good. I am starting to have pump up the clutch when it gets hot but my fluid needs to be changed! I beat the hell out of my car so im very happy with it.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MNBlade
The tick master is an adjustable master cylinder. Its it the part that connects to the clutch pedal and it adjustable to how ever much pressure you want, so the clutch can disengage fully for smooth shifting. It really helps on heavier clutches because the lines are thicker. Also, when you do the swap if you don’t already have it, get the updated 01-02 slave cylinder. And the clutch alignment tool is a must also (cheap).

I'm jealous, I am dying to get an LS3 but I just dont have the cash. If you ever need help when your installing it, pm me and I will try and help ya. I just did mine earlier this year.
thanks man aperricate the help
Old 07-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for this combo ls3/ls7 clutch/t56-fbody which slave cylinder and throw out bearing I need? ls1 maybe?

Quick Reply: ls3 + t56 + ls7 clutch?