Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Who runs a Diamond Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who runs a Diamond Clutch?

I was talking to a guy today that turned me on to Diamond Clutches. For what you get and the price you cant bet it. I was just wondering who is running one of there clutches and what is your set up.
My ss is daily driven maybe 3-6 track visit's a year with maybe 6 runs each time.
Mods consist of :
BBK manifold,stock P&P TB, Slp lib & bellow ASP ud pulley, UMI ta, SBF, lca and relocation brackets,SLP exhaust, HSW plate kit 125 shot on nitto's 555r. Also it is HP tuned. Adding headers, heads and cam this coming summer. I do not do high clutch dumps the highest i do is 2500.
Im estimating that i will be at or around 550 rwhp mark after the headers,heads and cam go on. I am going to call Diamond Clutches tomorrow and see what they have to say.Thanks for any input.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Teching In

I bought a stage 3 from him. I picked it up in person so I had a chance to meet him and see his shop. Very good person to work with. I used the chromemoly flywheel and got a remote bleed slave cylinder. The only difference is the clutch plate on the stage 2 and 3.
My car is right at 600rwhp. If you street drive alot I would consider a dual disk. Much less harsh.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have his stage 3 setup. Damn thing hooks and snaps the hell out of my neck! Here are more people...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-you-like.html
If you do a search you will find alot more...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
I have his stage 3 setup. Damn thing hooks and snaps the hell out of my neck! Here are more people...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-you-like.html
If you do a search you will find alot more...
Ok thanks i typed in diamond clutch in the search bar and it did not pull anything up.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain59
Ok thanks i typed in diamond clutch in the search bar and it did not pull anything up.
Yeah, it is by far the best clutch I have owned. Also, you won't find anything negative about them. I can't say the same about other brands. There are threads daily about problems with other brands that are sold on here... Just sayin....
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Default Great product

Awesome clutch I have the stage 2, no chatter and very easy pedal effort driven from coast to coast. Only way ill run something different is if Jason comes up with something better. Jason really knows his ****..I had a Spec stage 3+ and killed it, this thing is bullet proof holds up to my car anyways.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Are you expecting 550 rwhp on motor on the juice too? I can't say anyhting about Diamond clutch but I have owned two SPEC clutches and one Monster clutch. Out of those two I like the Monster better so far, but only time will tell if it holds up.

Quick Reply: Who runs a Diamond Clutch?